Cozumel with No Passport

dseres

we have cruised 2 times and have used DL and BC both times with absolutely no hold up at all getting on the boat or going thru customs when we got off the boat. We are traveling in May with our 2 daughters, age 3 and 6 and they will be using their BC. Just make sure since he isn't your child, that you have a notorized letter signed by both parents giving you permission to take him along with you. Hope this help you...happy sailing...

Sandpiper!:)

Hi, I'm wondering about what my 10 & 12yo's legally need to go with my mom and I on a cruise out of Galveston and returning to Galveston. Their dad will not be with us and we are still married & together so I'm wondering about this parent consent form thing? thanks for your help!

In addition to the passport or birth certificate, you should bring a notarized letter stating that the father has given permission for them to travel. This may or may not be checked, but you should have it with you just in case.

dseres, there is so much misinformation going around. As many of the others said, a passport is not required for closed-loop cruises at this time. Recommended, but not a requirement.

We didnt have a passport book when we went to the bahamas and are also taking our next cruise with only passport "cards" and this is to cozumel, costa rica and panama (ft lauderdale back to ft lauderdale) Yes, you will hear lots of pros/cons on why you should have the passport book, but as others have said, you do NOT need one if its a closed loop cruise just the original copy of birth certificate and id.

For us we cannot afford to cruise often, so we cannot justify that expense for a family of 4...so until we need one we will not get one.

The friend will be ok without a passport, unless they have to fly back home. They they will be in deep kimchi. Off course the can always take a bus home from Mexico if it comes to that.;)

Sorry... wrong... passports are required to debark in Mexico (that is, to leave the ship and not return to sail home) so to ride a bus will require a passport:eek:

Archived