Oasis Eastern Caribbean Schedule

Hi:

Can those of you who have taken the Oasis Eastern Caribbean itinerary answer some scheduling questions for me -- I'm trying to figure out when to reserve shows and specialty restaurants in such a way as to avoid conflicts with other major activities. There's so much to choose from, it's pretty overwhelming trying to get the most out of a one-week cruise. Here are the questions:

1. What nights are the formal nights?

2. Are there any "smart casual" nights -- if so, what night(s)?

3. Are there any theme dinner nights or non-formal nights that are definitely worth going to in the dining room? If so, which nights?

4. Which are the "theme" nights on board and which theme (i.e., sock hop; '70s night; Caribbean night, etc.)

5. Are the "headliner shows" shown for advanced reservations for the same headliner?

6. What other shows besides those listed for advanced reservations are performed?

7. What did you think of the new specialty restaurants (especially Giovanni's Table; 35 Central Park; and the Solarium dinner/dancing)?

8. Are there any shows listed for advanced reservation that are NOT worth seeing?

Many thanks in advance for the information.

David

Hi:

Can those of you who have taken the Oasis Eastern Caribbean itinerary answer some scheduling questions for me -- I'm trying to figure out when to reserve shows and specialty restaurants in such a way as to avoid conflicts with other major activities. There's so much to choose from, it's pretty overwhelming trying to get the most out of a one-week cruise. Here are the questions:

3. Are there any theme dinner nights or non-formal nights that are definitely worth going to in the dining room? If so, which nights?

4. Which are the "theme" nights on board and which theme (i.e., sock hop; '70s night; Caribbean night, etc.)

5. Are the "headliner shows" shown for advanced reservations for the same headliner?

6. What other shows besides those listed for advanced reservations are performed?

7. What did you think of the new specialty restaurants (especially Giovanni's Table; 35 Central Park; and the Solarium dinner/dancing)?

8. Are there any shows listed for advanced reservation that are NOT worth seeing?

David

Lots of questions. Have you searched this board yet? I believe many, if not all of your questions will be answered if you do so.

I recently posted my Cruise Compasses on the following link, which might get you started:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3TIdw4WE7_-NjU0OGI1MjktZDYwZS00ZGM2LWJmMmMtN2E5MzVkODNmOWE1&hl=en

Lots of questions. Have you searched this board yet? I believe many, if not all of your questions will be answered if you do so.

I recently posted my Cruise Compasses on the following link, which might get you started:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3TIdw4WE7_-NjU0OGI1MjktZDYwZS00ZGM2LWJmMmMtN2E5MzVkODNmOWE1&hl=en

Mike,

Those cruise compasses are AWESOME for planning our upcoming cruise. Thank you so much for posting them :)

Edna

Hi:

David

The Ice show, Come Fly With Me, and Hairspray are must see if you're into live performances. So plan your dining and activites around them. Not so hard.

Most nights the comedy theater are dead. If less than 15 show up it gets cancelled, which was often.

Didn't bother with the diving show

150 Park Central- set aside 2 1/2 hours for that.

Same thing for Chef's Table.

I don't know about Giovanni or Chops, to me Main dining was more than adequate. Izumi would be something I'd try next time.

There was really no dinner theme nights. Only one that was dressed was for the Carnival night.

Other than that, just keep your schedule light in order to take up any last minute add-ons.

On our cruise, the Comedy Show was packed!

We saw all the shows, and I would recommend them all!

Giovanni's Table was the only specialty restaurant we ate at, it was great!

Formal nights were Sunday and Thursday.

:)

Archived