Switching Rooms - Room Upgrades

AnnArbor_707

I've seen a few posts about people changing rooms and was just wondering if cruises are like airlines where you can login somewhere and move your room around. Anyone know ? I booked The Epic through cruiseweb and am a new cruiser... sorry if this is a dumb question.... but wasn't sure if I could re-negotiate my room directly with NCL.

Also, here's an even dumber question - is there a way to upgrade to a balcony room after you've already booked ?

Apologies in advance.... (people seem to get worked up about dumb questions in these threads)

I've seen a few posts about people changing rooms and was just wondering if cruises are like airlines where you can login somewhere and move your room around. Anyone know ? I booked The Epic through cruiseweb and am a new cruiser... sorry if this is a dumb question.... but wasn't sure if I could re-negotiate my room directly with NCL.

Also, here's an even dumber question - is there a way to upgrade to a balcony room after you've already booked ?

Apologies in advance.... (people seem to get worked up about dumb questions in these threads)

First, remember when you were small and were told "there are no dumb questions" well the same holds true here. Granted some people get "cranky", but they'll get over it. 1st, there is no site you can go to, to change your stateroom yourself. Because you booked "outside" NCL, whomever you used will have to get your stateroom upgraded, NCL will deal with the booking site on that request. Now if you had booked directly through NCL yourself or via a personal cruise consultant you would be permitted to make any changes you want on your own. Hope this helps, and I'm sure if I'm incorrect on any point someone will jump in and correct my statements. Enjoy your cruise!

Neverthought

Even if you booked direct with NCL, you have to call them to change anything. No website to do it on like the airlines.

You can call at anytime before or after final payment to upgrade. They (NCL or TA as appropriate) will tell you how much the new room will cost you. Sometimes the price makes good sense, sometimes way too much.

Moving around to another cabin of the same or lower level is subject to availability.

Getting an upgrade at the pier or when you board - chances are slim to none.

Archived