Istanbul-book online???

I have not heard of anyone buying tickets in advance, but you could ask on the Istanbul forum at Tripadvisor and someone may be able to answer.

If you are there for 2 days, I'm not sure it's really so crowded that it's necessary to get the tickets in advance. You do have to take a guided tour (cannot just walk around by yourself). It wasn't one of my most favorite sites in Istanbul.....

I'm not sure about the tickets online. We stayed in Istanbul two days after cruise too. We bought our tickets right in the spot. If you go early, you will avoid long lines. To be fair, I didn't see long lines in any place, not even in Topkapı palace. Go early for Hagia Sophia and for Topkapi Palace, and there, go first to the Harem (extra fee). The other sites were easy to access. You will have time enough to see all the main atractions in two days, thay are very close. For the Dolmabahçe Palace, take the HOHO bus and get out in the Palace stop, when you finish, take the bus to complete the trip. I did like the HOHO bus and the history, my husband was not impressed, he could have take the Tram or paid a taxi, you should decide what to do.

Hi,we will be spending 2 days in istanbul post cruise,i am wondering if anyone has tried booking tickets for the sites there online ,to skip queues,esp at Dolmabache palace?

There really is no need because there should be no line issues anywhere except the Dolmabache. Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid the lines there because you are required to visit by tour only, with English tours alternating with Turkish tours. That was our only place where we had a line and there is no avoiding it, except go early before the mob arrives.

In Istanbul, I never advise going later because so many places have a very early time of last admission.

Archived