Giant wave kill 2 cruise ship passengers in Spain!

rjan67

Actually, I was quite concerned that there was yet another killer wave out there, until I saw it was just the same one..................AGAIN. There's one on Spongebob right now, but I don't think that's real.

HA! That wave IS real for spongebob;)

I'm still trying to find out where this freak wave came from ?

GMA had a clip this morning .

They're called rogue waves, and are not as uncommon as some would like them to be. They are not to be confused with tsunami's.

26 feet is actually small. They can be much higher. One higher than 90' hit the QE2 in the 90's. A large one hit the NCL Dawn a couple of years back, about 70'.

I feel like I just got yesterdays newspaper.

Too bad people don't look before posting, as requested.

Yep, I posted the same thing last week when there were more than a dozen separate threads about Carnival's price increase ... and then someone took issue with me because I pointed it out.

I feel like I just got yesterdays newspaper.

Too bad people don't look before posting, as requested.

Nice.....

At least I got 100 posts in before I got some rude response...

This was actually posted at 5:30 am my time, up getting ready for work....

Sorry I didn't get a chance to read every single post there was since I checked yesterday.

There is always the choice to overlook a repeated post......but I suppose being mean just.......makes you feel better inside?

The video posted on fox news is actually of an entirely unrelated incident that happened in 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UaM2RIvFTs

Fox has gotten in trouble in recent days for connecting unrelated videos to news stories. I'm surprised they keep doing it.

Take Fox out of it and go right to YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nePmb0tDXc&feature=related

Nice.....

There is always the choice to overlook a repeated post......but I suppose being mean just.......makes you feel better inside?

Not sure why being asked to search before playing Scoop Brady is considered rude.

WOW. Just WOW! And not about the wave. :cool:

Amen!

When I'm traveling to a new destination, I often buy Fodor's, Frommer's, and some lesser known guidebooks. I read them all! Alot of the information is repetitive, but it's all good. At the end of the day, if I didn't want to waste time reading the same thing twice, I wouldn't open the book.

Mr. Pete did point out that it was like reading the newspaper because it was yesterday's news. That he clicked on the new thread today because he thought there was another incident to make it 2 wave stories in a day but then realized it was just another report on what happened yesterday. Its no different than what you watch on CNN this afternoon will be headline news of your newspaper tomorrow. Digital media folks, its news as it happens. ;)

The newspapers that begin giving you today's news are the ones you want to pick up for those lotto numbers... :D

Mr. Pete did point out that it was like reading the newspaper because it was yesterday's news. That he clicked on the new thread today because he thought there was another incident to make it 2 wave stories in a day but then realized it was just another report on what happened yesterday. Its no different than what you watch on CNN this afternoon will be headline news of your newspaper tomorrow. Digital media folks, its news as it happens. ;)

The newspapers that begin giving you today's news are the ones you want to pick up for those lotto numbers... :D

Thanks! I see some do read ALL the words.

Never have gotten my news from a book. Interesting analogy. :rolleyes:

Archived