What is the perception of SINGLES on a

I just made my first solo cruise in February. Through Cruise Critic, I joined with others for excursions at two of our ports. I also learned that by eating in the main dining room for breakfast and lunch, I met new people everytime. I continue to run into these folks on the ship and would join them again for a meal or just another conversation.

I had a good time and always felt safe on the ship.

Go and enjoy!

Don't even think twice about it! Go and have fun. Cruisers are a social bunch. I'm 44 now, and have cruised solo since my early 30s - mostly longer 3 week and up cruises - and have never had a problem making friends onboard, passengers and crew, pretty much any age range ;-) too 18 to 80 something. One really good way is to do traditional dining (main or late seating) at a large table. Most of the cruise lines will do a solo cruisers get together, look for it in the program. If you're into jacuzzis that's another great place to make friends. The same people tend to show up at the same time everyday.

Lydia

• 1 month later...

Maybe its my age (27) but man i would hate to cruise single, for now i just invite friends along and im usually in a group of 5-12 guys my age....but my friend was forced to sail single about a year ago when she broke up with her bf the day before the cruise and she said she had a blast

Archived