What is the perception of SINGLES on a

cruise. I am 41 and fortunately, or Unfortunately, however you view it, i am not married yet. just wondering if it may be awkward to just show up on a ship by yourself. I am sorta self concious about this deal, but i want to have fun.

cruise. Fortunately, or Unfortunately, however you view it, i am not married. just wondering if it may be awkward to just show up on a ship by yourself.

Would not let it bother you. There have been people cruising alone on every cruise we have ever been on. As far as I know there is no perception of any kind. Certainly none in my mind.

zero stigma, perception, stereotype, whatever. I cannot imagine anyone would know, care, inquire, stare, any of that, as they are all having their own vacations. Leave any self-consciousness at home, you will not need it on the cruise.

You will be able to be as alone or social as you desire.

Have a great cruise!

I cruise by myself all the time. I've never worried about others preceptions of me either. Gosh, I don't think I've ever thought about it until reading your question. ;)

Is there something particular you're concerned about?

I think it would be really fun to sail alone and I'm married! I'm taking a cruise with my son at some point this summer and I'm sure I'll be alone a good part of the time. Don't worry about what anybody thinks about you and 'get out there' (the old RCI slogan).

Samantha Brown cruises solo on the Travel Channel all the time. ;) I watched her on the Brilliance of the Seas just the other day!

Go and have a good time! :)

I'm cruising solo soon. I was trying to decide if I should bring my film and production crew with me, but I've decided not to bother this time!:D

Just wanted to get an opinion..Its a hefty wad to drop when you sail single. It isnt like going to the movies by yourself. At a movie you drop a $10, on a cruise you gotta pay twice if you are single. If i was with someone i could get a JS for almost the same price as i am paying for my interior room. $1300 bucks for 5 days aint chump change for a 146 sq foot box without a view.

cruise. I am 41 and fortunately, or Unfortunately, however you view it, i am not married yet. just wondering if it may be awkward to just show up on a ship by yourself. I am sorta self concious about this deal, but i want to have fun.

No one will even know you are alone unless you tell them! Agree with other posters, go and have a blast!

Happy Sailing:)

Too bad there's no way for two singles to hook up for a cruise, whether it's two guys or girls or whatever. I guess it's a HUGE risk though if one was messy or a bad snorer.

I can think of a few more things that could be a bit more disastrous than a loud snorer.

I've been cruising and traveling solo for 30 years....and I love it.

I also dine out in restaurants, attend the theater, go to the movies, concerts, symphony and many other places solo.

If you are comfortable in your own skin, you won't have a problem.

I LOVE cruising solo.... My time is my own to do as I wish. Never have to wait on anyone....can go ashore or not, dine when I wish, go to bed and awake on my own schedule.

Go for it and enjoy!!

I'm 40, never married and going solo in a couple of weeks. I travel solo all of the time. I enjoy it.:) I'm sure there will be a lot of people jealous of the fact that you are on your own.

You can do whatever you want on no ones schedule but your own.

I did a solo cruise last March and had a great time.

Make the most of it!

Even though my DH & I cruise together, during the day unless a planned activity, we are going our differant directions, so I am wondering the ship enjoying the pool, talking with others or just watching the ocean. Don't hesitate to do what you really want to do and enjoy your cruise.

I've been on several cruises solo. I had a blast and meet some really great people. I have found that the best place to meet people is in the MDR. You sit with the same people everyday so your bound to make nice. Don't worry you'll be fine.

I'm 37, single and cruised solo for the first time last Sept (first cruise ever). Like you, I was apprehensive at first since I didn't know what to expect. This is the first time I ever vacationed alone and have to admit, I was a little nervous. BUt rest assured, literally as soon as I boarded, I met a fellow solo cruiser, made friends. Later on in the evening, met new people at dinner and hung with them later on at the shows. The next night, I met women who would traveling together I would end up spending the majority of my time for the remainder of the cruise with them. I had a blast!

It's what you make of it, I ultimately learned. I put myself out there, even though I didn't know what to expect, and was always doing something either on my own or with others. I think cruising is actually the perfect vacation for singles as it affords you chance to do so many different things alone or with others. Go for it, you will have a ball and never regret it! :-)

Don't worry about it. I'm the same age, travel alone all the time. On a cruise, people tend to "take you in" and welcome you with their friends/family. You can have as much company as you want. If I want to be alone, that's ok and if I want company, that's ok with folks too. It's not a big deal at all. :)

Too bad there's no way for two singles to hook up for a cruise, whether it's two guys or girls or whatever. I guess it's a HUGE risk though if one was messy or a bad snorer.

There is. Make friends with people on these boards. I used to sail solo, but my last several cruises I've roomed with friends from these boards.

I'm saving up to one day cruise alone. I hope you truly enjoy your cruise. Yes, being single can sometimes suck, but wandering on your own is fun. I can't wait to experience it on a cruise. :)

THE SOLO CRUISING WORLD IS A GREAT ONE! YES YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF CRUISING WITH OTHERS YOU MET ON PREVIOUS CRUISES.

YES, I AM A SINGLE CRUISER THAT LOVES IT. I FIND THAT WHEN I GO WITH PEOPLE I DON'T MEET AS MANY PEOPLE. AND AS Gma SAID I LOVE

DOING WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT AND HOW I WANT!

Just wanted to get an opinion..Its a hefty wad to drop when you sail single. It isnt like going to the movies by yourself. At a movie you drop a $10, on a cruise you gotta pay twice if you are single. If i was with someone i could get a JS for almost the same price as i am paying for my interior room. $1300 bucks for 5 days aint chump change for a 146 sq foot box without a view.

That is pricey for a 5 day inside (I paid $1322 for my upcoming 7 day in an outside cabin). Shopping around for the deals pays off.

Anyway, solo cruising is great. On my first solo cruise I met people from the Meet & Mingle early on, so I had someone to say hello to when I saw them on the ship. On my most recent cruise, I ended up being seated with seven other solo cruisers for dinner. It was nice to see familiar faces every night and have someone to talk to about your day. However, it was awesome to be able to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, spread my stuff all over the cabin without getting in anyone else's way, etc. I'm looking forward to my next solo cruise next month.

Archived