Island Princess question

jfv379

For anyone who has recently done the Princess Costa Rica's Favorites tour in Puntarenas, Costa Rica.

I know that this tour does the aerial tram, but it also includes a boat trip.

Is this a small canoe type boat or a larger type boat. DW is not comfortable in smaller boats.

Is the tour mainly inland or does it also do some of the coast line?

Any comments appreciated.

I went on this tour last week. The boat held 46 people (exactly the amount that fits in the bus !) Your bus tour guide acts as your guide on the boat also. Although the boat feels very stable it does ride very low on the water. It stays only in the river. If I can tell you anything else about the trip let me know!

I went on this tour last week. The boat held 46 people (exactly the amount that fits in the bus !) Your bus tour guide acts as your guide on the boat also. Although the boat feels very stable it does ride very low on the water. It stays only in the river. If I can tell you anything else about the trip let me know!

Thanks Lenore.

Yesterday I was again looking at the tours and although I can't swear to it, I think Princess has raised the price for this tour after final payment.

I thought it was $139.00 pp, now it's $199.00 pp. A little steep for me.

Thanks again.

John

Thanks Lenore.

Yesterday I was again looking at the tours and although I can't swear to it, I think Princess has raised the price for this tour after final payment.

I thought it was $139.00 pp, now it's $199.00 pp. A little steep for me.

Thanks again.

John

I paid the $199pp (and I booked it back in October when they first opened up for my cruise). It is a little steep but it is a very long day... you leave the ship at 6:30 AM and return around 5:30 PM. They do feed you a lunch and snack. There is really nothing at the port, so I would encourage you to take an excursion of some kind. Enjoy !

I paid the $199pp (and I booked it back in October when they first opened up for my cruise). It is a little steep but it is a very long day... you leave the ship at 6:30 AM and return around 5:30 PM. They do feed you a lunch and snack. There is really nothing at the port, so I would encourage you to take an excursion of some kind. Enjoy !

Thanks again.

You settled the cost question? I should know not to trust my memory. CRS

And thanks also for pointing out that there is nothing at the pier. Will definately do some kind of tour.

That was one of our favorite excursions.

The Tortuga Canal/Rain Forest. :)

Keith,

Princess' Costa Rica's Favorites doesn't specifically mention "Tortuga Canal".

Is this the same tour or a different one that your referring to. Did you do a ships tour or private.

Someone on our Roll Call found a company called Greenway Tours in Costa Rica.

John

John, we are on the same cruise as you and booked the aerial tram only portion of the tour. The port is somewhat remote and from previous trips we remember long bus rides. That is why we booked the smaller tour. We have done the river trip by itself previously and it was very pleasant and interesting to see nature up close.

Good luck with your decision.

Ann

Keith,

Princess' Costa Rica's Favorites doesn't specifically mention "Tortuga Canal".

Is this the same tour or a different one that your referring to. Did you do a ships tour or private.

Someone on our Roll Call found a company called Greenway Tours in Costa Rica.

John

John,

If I recall the description mentioned the canal on ours, I don't know what other boat trip there would be. Maybe someone else can clarify. Its a pretty well known combo tour, sometimes they do the forest first and sometimes second. We also stopped a great place for lunch. It was at least an 8 hour tour. A long drive there so I am glad we did it through Princess because when we got back we had about 15 minutes to hit the little market at the end of the pier.

John,

If I recall the description mentioned the canal on ours, I don't know what other boat trip there would be. Maybe someone else can clarify. Its a pretty well known combo tour, sometimes they do the forest first and sometimes second. We also stopped a great place for lunch. It was at least an 8 hour tour. A long drive there so I am glad we did it through Princess because when we got back we had about 15 minutes to hit the little market at the end of the pier.

Thanks Keith for your information.

Archived