Canadian dress deals

hi2you

Hi, I love the sites on fashion, but find the majority of deals mentioned are south of the border-and as great as the deal may be, there is still shipping and duty to contend with. I thought this would be a good place to post dress deals, great finds, locations, for 'formal' evening wear in Canada. I am always looking for a deal.

Hi, I love the sites on fashion, but find the majority of deals mentioned are south of the border-and as great as the deal may be, there is still shipping and duty to contend with. I thought this would be a good place to post dress deals, great finds, locations, for 'formal' evening wear in Canada. I am always looking for a deal.

Hi: I bought my dress at Sears on the discount rack = $23.00 for a beautiful black cocktail dress with crystal accents; they usually have some great deals on! Other than that, I agree that we don't have the same caliber of stores as the US - especially here in PEI!

I second Sears, I've purchase about 3 dresses for around the $30 mark when they've had them on for 40% off! My next choice would be The Bay. Winner's seems to have dresses from time to time, but I've not had any luck with fit there.

I've also paid the shipping and duty to have things shipped from Coldwater Creek - I've been lucky and every thing I've purchase from there has fit so I've not yet had to return anything. I just ordered a cocktail dress that was on clearance, and I had a coupon for 25% off so that helped offset the shipping and duty!

I currently live in Los Angeles, but was born and raised in the Vancouver area for 21 years. I always found that Sears had a great selection of cocktail and evening dresses for all ages and sizes. I bought some very cute cockail dresses from Suzy Shier that I wore on cruises. The Bay isn't bad, but can be lacking in variety if it's not a big one. Winners is good, but you have to rummage, which I hate.

My all time favourite store would have to be H&M, which finally came to Canada a while back and is now on the west coast! They don't have much (if anything) in the way of long evening gowns, but a great selection of very classy dresses. I've even found nice dresses in the Juniors section; however, most of them are too young and I'm 23. The Women's section has lots of great dresses that are appropriate for work, a night out on the town or a formal cruise night! But again, if you're looking for "true" formal long evening gowns, H&M isn't for you.

Hope that helps a bit! I know little to nothing about online shopping for Canada because I never do it. I have to try something on before buying it.

i like checking "the cheap girl" blog (all one word). She is canadian and posts discount codes, sales etc for clothes and beauty items. I've found out about a couple of one day only sales from that site. Haven't bought a dress though.

• 2 weeks later...

I also find winners most time, hard to fit.

I sometimes do Laura at end of season. The bay is good if you hit it lucky on a sale percentage off the percentage. hahhaha

This time got a dress at the cavery (usually does not stock my size)

and a little more than what i normally would spend, but what the heck,

why not!!!

Archived