Booking cruise as a surprise

I'd like to book a stateroom for my parents when we book our next cruise, and give them the option of going or not going as final payment approaches. They have a habit of not booking and then deciding at the last minute they'd like to go, which either leaves them unable to get a reservation, or with no choice of room.

If I call and make our reservation, can I put down a deposit in their name also, and have it put in their reservation that all correspondence is to go to me? Or should I book one room for me (with mom as second guest) and one room for DH (with dad as second guest)? Or something totally different? I want to keep it a surprise for as long as possible.

I can't be the only person who's ever wanted to do something like this, I'm just not sure exactly how to do about it. Help?

Would a gift certificate in a certain amt. be an option?

With that one, you can book up to 14 days prior to the saildate to have the GC applied...unless you already have a saildate in mind?

Go ahead and book it with all the names correctly on each cabin and have the bookings linked. with you being the primary....Booking now will give you the best options for locations..Hope this all works..Don't tell them until you have to so they won't have much time to change their minds...Good luck and I know they will be glad you did this for them..Enjoy!

I've currently got a similar scenario. We're surprising our adult children with a cruise in January. We're also inviting their significant others. I booked with RCCL because their reservation policy states that the names can be changed up to 2 days prior to sailing (and that's always a possibility :rolleyes:) I've got both cabins linked to my email address, and used my cel phone number as the contact. We won't be telling the kids anything until October when the final payment is due.

Archived