Super Slim

It has been 6 days and 4 lbs lost:D. I didn't take one this morning because I am going for a preemployment drug test. I am switching jobs from a very active job to a desk job. The good thing is my new employer has a fitness center on site. You know where I will be for lunch:).

I hope everyone has a safe memorial day!

Ok Ladies, you got me wanting to try this stuff even though the Canadian Gov't Health office says they contain a cancer containing ingredient! I figure if I only take them for a short time, there shouldn't be any harm done. They cannot ship them to Canada but I live in a border city and there is a shipping depot across the border that I am having them shipped to. I ordered the ones with the green foil on one side - hope those are the good kind :) I joined a gym two weeks ago and hopefully once the pills take off the 20 lbs I want to lose, the workouts will keep it off.

Ok Ladies, you got me wanting to try this stuff even though the Canadian Gov't Health office says they contain a cancer containing ingredient! I figure if I only take them for a short time, there shouldn't be any harm done. They cannot ship them to Canada but I live in a border city and there is a shipping depot across the border that I am having them shipped to. I ordered the ones with the green foil on one side - hope those are the good kind :) I joined a gym two weeks ago and hopefully once the pills take off the 20 lbs I want to lose, the workouts will keep it off.

States you should take 3 boxes ( 3 months) and then take atleast 1-2 months off before using again. I am hoping to only use it for the one 3 month period if that long and then resonable diet and exercise to maintain after that.

You really shouldnt have to take it more than 2 months I would guess..

The "buzz" you felt was due to the coffee, I bet. I've read that some people are more sensitive to caffeine while taking this pill. I continue to have my cup of coffee in the morning, but usually not until about an hour after I take the Super Slim.

I don't think it was the coffee. Really, I felt drunk. I drank coffee and iced tea throughout the day and the feeling didn't return once I had eaten breakfast. This morning I took the other version of Super Slim and it didn't give me that buzzed feeling. I have been hungrier today.

Down another .8 pounds bringing my total since Sunday to 4.8! I'm hoping that I'll only take the pills for two or three months and then I'll have the discipline (and smaller appetite) to keep it up until I reach my goal.

Now I want to share some side effects I've had to see if any of you are having the same ones. On the first day I noticed a tingling sensation around my right hip joint when I was seated. Standing/walking eliminated the feeling. On the second day I felt numbness on my whole right "flank" (the area from my waist down to mid thigh - on the outside). It was just a light tingle not really NUMB. Since then (I've taken my 4th pill today) I've felt the same sensation off and on. Its not enough to cause concern. I get migraines and get weird numbness with them so it might be related (even tho I didn't have head pain - might just be my body reacting to the pills. I have had migraine symptoms in the past with out pain).

Today I had another interesting side effect. (I'm sorry if it's TMI...) Usually I've been cold, but today I was having cold sweats and felt sick to my stomach but after both of them passed I realized that I was starting my "time of the month". Have any of you noticed odd effects during that time? I was also wondering about bloating because of all the water we're drinking... Sorry if I am being a little forward or crude... :o

PS - I'm down to 245.6 with a goal of 175 :)

It's great everyone is losing weight, and I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, however I do want to caution everyone taking this or considering taking this to PLEASE do a little homework to make sure it's right for you! All I am asking is that you quickly Google "sibutramine" - the main ingredient in this pill.

It seems sibutramine which looks to be a form of an amphetamine (speed). You should be extremely careful taking this if you have certain conditions (depression, anxiety, a history of anorexia, drug or alcohol abuse, heart conditions, high blood pressure) and it can cause an interaction with several kinds of meds. It is banned in the UK and Europe and under FDA review in the US.

"Sibutramine may interact with other medicines and cause a condition called Serotonin Syndrome. This syndrome requires immediate medical attention and may include one or more of the following symptoms: anxiety, restlessness, loss of consciousness, confusion, weakness, tremor, poor coordination, fever, shivering, sweating, vomiting, a fast heartbeat, and others. Do not take any other prescription or over-the-counter medicines without first talking to your doctor, especially weight-loss products, tryptophan (L-tryptophan, 5-HTP), decongestants, antidepressants, cough suppressants, lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid, Lithonate, others), or migraine medicines."

I know losing fast can feel great and we all think something bad is going to happen to "someone else". I am just asking that you understand the risks involved.

Lastly, yes, this pill will last for a little while in your system when you don't take it, but it won't be permanent. When you take that break from the medication (red flag right there - if something is harmless, why do you need to take a break?), you will regain your appetite. At that point, because you have been eating such a low calorie diet, you will have slowed your metabolism and will likely experience some sort of rebound weight gain when you start eating more food.

Trust me, I know what it's like to want to lose weight badly. I've struggled my whole life and have been on literally every diet - WW, medical fasts, Atkins, Diet Center, South Beach, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, Slim Fast, The Zone... I was always in it for the quick fix or the fast result, but honestly, the only thing that works long term is losing it slowly, counting your calories, and by eating in a way you can reasonably follow for the rest of your life. I know it's not easy and I am sure you are all sick of hearing the "eat right and exercise" mantra, but honestly, the reason you hear it so often is because it works.

Be well!

Ok I haven't really noticed feeling any different after taking my first pill this morning. I have noticed a strange cotton mouth kinda taste but that's it. No spacy feeling or uncontrollable thirst. I feel like I've eaten normal too. I hope I didn't waste my $10 :p

So this is my fourth day and I dont know if I have lost any weight since I dont have a scale in my house lol, but I do not feel any different so far and the only reason I am eating less is because I make myself eat less. So far seems like total BS to me. A good waste of 12 bucks.

There's no doubt there is some sort of stimulant in the pills but my 5 lbs. could very easily be attributed to only eating approx 1600 calories and exercising a little (I could do a whole lot more!). Right now I am so much more wary about what I'm eating than I've EVER been. Ultimately that is the only way to reach my 75 lb goal. If the pills speed up the process a little in the beginning, it will be a great incentive to keep me going.

I just got my Eat - Clean Diet Recharged book and am going to start reading it tonight.... From what I've heard, i think this is the best option for me (but will still suppliment my diet with the super slim for the time being.)

I tried the pill with the fruit on one side yesterday. I didn't feel buzzed after I took it like I did with the other version but I did get hungry around lunch time. I ate 3 good meals, around 1000 calories and lost .4 lbs. Today I am going back to the silver pack pills to see if I have the same reaction as I did the first day. I really haven't had much of a reaction to either pill except I am less hungry than I normally would be. In two days I've lost 1 lb. I am going to gauge how I feel after I have lost 5 lbs and will decide whether to continue on for an additional 5 lbs or stop. I want my clothes to be a little roomy but don't want to lose so much that they don't fit!

Ok this morning I am at the same weight as yesterday when I started. I did however take the pill after I had eaten breakfast yesterday and am wondering if that has an affect on it. Today I took the pill before I ate anything and will see if it works better.

Ok this morning I am at the same weight as yesterday when I started. I did however take the pill after I had eaten breakfast yesterday and am wondering if that has an affect on it. Today I took the pill before I ate anything and will see if it works better.

Which pill are you taking -- the one with fruit on the outside or the one without? I took the one without the fruit again this morning and I can definitely tell a difference. With this one, I am not hungry at all and have to force myself to eat. With the other one I got hungry at lunch time but was less hungry than if I had not taken either pill.

Hey all-

Got my Super Slim off amazon and it came in like two days!! Very fast..

I have the ones with the green/fruit on one side and i think silver on the other. I took it at 10:25 this morning after I had eaten breakfast and It's now 12:25 and I'm not hungry but it's only been 2 hours so not soon enough to tell if its working... Tomorrow I will take the pill before I eat breakfast. Starting weight is 103.6 today and I usually work out in the morning but I didnt today I was so tired. After I took the pill my mouth feels a LITTLE dryer but it could be placebo since I read all this stuff about how it makes you thirsty haha.

SO on amazon all the reviews leaned toward the ones with the green/fruit foil working and the ones with all silver not working but now I'm not sure..

opinions?

Good luck everyone

Well it's day 3 for me and so far the scale has been going up instead of down. I'm sorry to say but I think these are a bust. :( I was really hoping they would give me that jump start I need. I noticed last night that my upper right thigh is sore like I have been working out but of course I haven't. Wondering if it's due to the pills or something else. :confused: I did fall the other day but wouldn't think I would be sore from it.

Good luck to everyone, if I don't see some results in the next couple days I'll stop taking them.

Thoughts go out to all the people affected by someone they love having given the ultimate sacrifice for our country! Our family has been fortunate thus far. However my nephew heads off to Afganistan in Sept.

So, today was my week one weigh in and I lost a total of 7.2 lbs:D

I do find myself making myself eat and making better better choices when I do. I'm hopeful I continue to lose. I know it won't be at that rate though. If I could do 4 lbs a week the next 2 weeks I'd be right at 150 for my brothers wedding, with 12 more to go by August...

SW 5/24 166

WK 1 5/31 158.8

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday!

Hey all-

Got my Super Slim off amazon and it came in like two days!! Very fast..

I have the ones with the green/fruit on one side and i think silver on the other. I took it at 10:25 this morning after I had eaten breakfast and It's now 12:25 and I'm not hungry but it's only been 2 hours so not soon enough to tell if its working... Tomorrow I will take the pill before I eat breakfast. Starting weight is 103.6 today and I usually work out in the morning but I didnt today I was so tired. After I took the pill my mouth feels a LITTLE dryer but it could be placebo since I read all this stuff about how it makes you thirsty haha.

SO on amazon all the reviews leaned toward the ones with the green/fruit foil working and the ones with all silver not working but now I'm not sure..

opinions?

Good luck everyone

I have both and have taken both. The ones with no fruit seem a little stronger to me.

I'm down 6.9 pounds for the week. I've gotten over the weird side effects. I skipped Saturday and yesterday and still felt the effects of the pill (less hunger). After a bit I will probably reduce to one every other day.

How long did it take for you to start feeling the affect (lack of hunger) after you started taking it? I just took my first pill this morning so I am wondering how long before it kicks in. Thx.

How long did it take for you to start feeling the affect (lack of hunger) after you started taking it? I just took my first pill this morning so I am wondering how long before it kicks in. Thx.

I take mine before breakfast and don't get hungry all day. I do eat 3 meals a day but I am never really hungry when I eat

Archived