Must haves on room service Menu

adelchamps

Do we get meals in the restaurants the morning of debarkation?

Absolutely!!

The feeding trough,..er...buffet as well as at least one MDR. The menu in that MDR will be bit tinier. You won't get Eggs Benedict on that last day.

They don't actually SAY no room service on that last morning. we've never had any good results.

What sort of food can you get delivered to your room for breakfast?

I've cruised before but it was limited to toast & jam, some pastries, juice & coffee. Is this the case for NCL Jewel?

Also, they used to leave the food outside our door, for people to walk past it if we hadn't gotten up to check yet - is this also the same case? I never really liked the thought of my food being exposed to people and their feet!

Do we get meals in the restaurants the morning of debarkation?

Our last cruise on the Gem we chose to carry our own luggage off, so that gave us the freedom to relax, have a nice breakfast in the MDR. LOL, i think we were among the last passengers off at 10:45 and no one seemed to mind one bit! It was wonderful not to have to rush off the ship :D

Our last cruise on the Gem we chose to carry our own luggage off, so that gave us the freedom to relax, have a nice breakfast in the MDR. LOL, i think we were among the last passengers off at 10:45 and no one seemed to mind one bit! It was wonderful not to have to rush off the ship :D

Feel free to do this even if you are not carrying your own luggage. You can always go later than when your color is called, just not earlier. Most people are in a hurry, but since I usually don't have a plane to catch I love to have a nice meal and relax that last morning.

What sort of food can you get delivered to your room for breakfast?

I've cruised before but it was limited to toast & jam, some pastries, juice & coffee. Is this the case for NCL Jewel?

Also, they used to leave the food outside our door, for people to walk past it if we hadn't gotten up to check yet - is this also the same case? I never really liked the thought of my food being exposed to people and their feet!

I've been on several cruise lines and had morning cabin service on all of them. I've never heard of room service leaving your tray in the hall. The only trays I've ever seen in the hall were placed there by people who put them there after finishing, instead of calling room service to pick up the tray or leaving it in the cabin for the cabin steward to deal with..

You request a 30-minute period for breakfast delivery and they phone your room to let you know your breakfast is on the way.

I've never seen that---but hey, sounds like another option to the buffet if I forget to place my room service order ;)

Lets see - chicken fingers from the kids portion are really good for an afternoon snack- white meat breast fillets and you get 3 of them. Chocolate Chip Cookies were a must as we could not find these anywhere else on board. Strawberry shortcake was good too. My husband loved the OJ from room service as it wasn't watered down and the omelets for breakfast.

Actually speaking of which, we are set to arrive NYC with Jewel at 10am. So what time can I expect to be off the ship? I am on Deck 9.

Good to hear they won't leave my food on the floor outside my door for everyone to walk past while I'm still asleep!

When the new cost saving measures were instituted Jan 2010, did the 3 egg omelet 24 hours a day disappear from the room service menu? No one has mentioned it so far. I have heard, at least during the time it was offered, that they were given a hard time if you tried to order it during breakfast hours!

Since there is a buffet and Blue Lagoon, hopefully you won't have any need for using room service unless you are absolutely exhausted or if for some reason you can't get into the dining room in a timely manner. That was our only reason for using it on the last night. Dining room was swamped & would be for an hour.

Since you do not have an interactive tv menu by which to order, you have to call for room service. (there should be a menu in the black leather folder found in every cabin). When we used it that one time, I don't think any one item was correct. Specify everything, and hope that someone who speaks English well is taking your order. A BLT or turkey sandwich without your favorite mustard or mayo just isn't right! BTW there will also be hang tag orders for breakfast you can put on your door when you go to bed for delivery the next morning at a specified hour. The "warning call" that they are coming may be your alarm clock! MY DH always wanted to go to the buffet for more choices. I prefer the main dining room where there's always a seat at breakfast, and eggs benedict!

Blue lagoon is centrally located, & open late, dining inside or outside, and a much better choice for nibbles or more. Just depends on the hour. If the buffet is still open, try them, too.

There was some stuff on my room service menu. I don't know if it was a must have, so I brushed it off ;)

Seriously, for us, there really weren't any must haves, although we do get coffee, danish & maybe some juice delivered almost every morning. The rest of the time we try to make it to a dining room

Room service is 24 hrs days. You won't get it on the morning of debarkation.

Tipping room service isn't REQUIRED, per se. That said, if you don't tip 'em, you're not gonna get a wonderful response the next time they hear from you.

Just a teeny, tiny clarification, you can get limited room service on the morning of debarkation..... we had juice, coffee, pastry, and maybe fruit.:)

Just a teeny, tiny clarification, you can get limited room service on the morning of debarkation..... we had juice, coffee, pastry, and maybe fruit.:)

I hear what yer sayin'.

This is my reality: I, as in ME, MYSELF, have never gotten room service on that last morning. I'm not gonna say that it's impossible for anyone, just ME and the good-lookin' chick that I married. WE cannot get it. Even after a week's worth of it and a decent tip each time.

Archived