cruising during Passover Holiday

Animal 57

Let me start out by saying that I am far from a religious person. Now with that said, my family is cruising on Carnival during Passover in a few weeks and I wounder if Carnival will offer a Sadar or more likley if there will be an opportunity to organize on. Hey we can observe for at least one night right?

We are also sailing on Carnival during Passover and I have been wondering this very question. My parents have cruised before during this holiday and they had a very nice seder. I am hoping there is one for at least one night (I wouldn't go to more than one). I saw somewhere that there was a passover menu which had many of the traditional holiday foods.

The Carnival FAQ website shows a Passover menu:

Passover Menu

While the following Passover Menu consists of traditional holiday foods, it is NOT certified as Kosher.

For guests who require Kosher meals while on board, refer to the following section of Resnet: Special Diet Requirements.

Breakfast

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: windowtext; tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Matzoh Brei
  • Matzoh Meal Pancakes

Lunch and Dinner

Appetizers

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: windowtext; tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo2">Chopped Liver
  • Gefilte Fish, Red Horseradish

Soup

• Chicken Broth with Matzoh Balls

Entrees

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: windowtext; tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4">Boiled Beef Flanken <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: windowtext; tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4">Sliced Brisket of Beef <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: windowtext; tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4">Baked Fish
  • Boiled Chicken

Accompaniments

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: windowtext; tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo5">Potato Pancakes <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: windowtext; tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo5">Mashed Potatoes with Chopped Egg/Onions
  • Matzoh

I try and be good during Passover and avoid drinking beer, as it's made from fermented grains and is thus prohibited.

For that reason alone, I would NEVER cruise during Passover. :D

I try and be good during Passover and avoid drinking beer, as it's made from fermented grains and is thus prohibited.

For that reason alone, I would NEVER cruise during Passover. :D

Eric, Eric, Eric ... just drink rum!

We did sail over Passover one time, but we were very, very bad in the religion dept. We did not go straight to hell - we are still walking this earth.;) But, all joking aside- we had no idea there was even a Passover menu/seder offered- not that we would have used it. We had then recently and suddenly lost SIL (40) and went on the cruise to keep BIL and his 2 young kids "sane" and to hold together his family. We have learned that family comes first, religion second. But I guess that you can sneak some Manishevitz wine on board, and imbibe on that! (yich!)

We did sail over Passover one time, but we were very, very bad in the religion dept. We did not go straight to hell - we are still walking this earth.;) But, all joking aside- we had no idea there was even a Passover menu/seder offered- not that we would have used it. We had then recently and suddenly lost SIL (40) and went on the cruise to keep BIL and his 2 young kids "sane" and to hold together his family. We have learned that family comes first, religion second. But I guess that you can sneak some Manishevitz wine on board, and imbibe on that! (yich!)

You did not go to hell because we don't have one! When we leave this Earth, some of us might be in the "front row" of Heaven while others might get the "nosebleed" clouds.

My sisters have other ideas for this Passover...one says to skip it and celebrate for 16 nights next year while the other says to do 32 nights in 2013, but since the world will end in 2012, we are good.

And as for Manischewich...I love the stuff. It's so sweet and syrupy. Mmmm!

Shhhhhh!! Don't tell dd18. Since she has been little, we have been telling her that if she gets a tattoo, that's where she is going!! LOL!

Mum's the word.

I found out recently that one piercing in each ear is Kosher, but not more than that. My husband buys me beautiful earrings on the islands, so I had my second piercing done five years ago to be able to wear more than one set at a time. I guess I'll be in the rafters eating store-brand cream cheese when the time comes.

THis is so interesting to read. Seriously,I think the customs are so neat. Im fascinated by the Jewish faith.Just ask my one Jewish friend,lol. Im loving the banter back n forth.

Cant help you on the question you asked,but Im glad you posted it. Out of curiosity what is a seder?

Archived