Eagles Win !!!!!!! 27 - 10

beachlovergirl

I was born and lived in Philadelphia the first 40 years of my life.

I was at Franklin Field in 1960 when the Eagles defeated Green Bay to win the NFL title. It was before they had a Super Bowl.

I had season tickets for 15 years during the 50's and 60's.

In those years there were 14 games to a season--The total cost of the 7 home games was less than the cost of 1 game now.

GO EAGLES--Make us proud.

Now I live in the Tampa area and when the Bucs defeated the Eagles in 2002 I didn't know whether to cheer or cry.

Ellis

Northender,

Shame we are not on either Caribbean or Grand Princess for the Superbowl, I stake a few beers on the game, while we watch it on MUTS. ;)

I would enjoy that very much. DH can only put up with so much yelling from me during the game. :D

Maybe next year :) Hopefully we both will be there, this years winner - The Pats and the NFC winner the Eagles. :)

Why is it in Feb this year?

Gotcha. :cool: Now that I think of it, I like the one week in between, but maybe 2 weeks is a good thing. All the players can try and get healthy. What do you think of T.O. saying he is going to play with the Dr. saying no.

Could this be a career ending injury if he breaks the ankle again:(

Can you really blame him? Ever since he first picked up a football he has dreamed of playing in the superbowl. Now that dream is a reality. If I was in his position, I would want to do everything possible to be in the game too.

The doc had to say no. If he didn't and T.O. does get hurt, the doc could be sued. The Eagles staff isn't stupid either. They are putting T.O. through rigorous training and rehab. T.O. will only be on the field if the staff (coaching and training) knows he can make football moves without a great chance of hurting the ankle further.

The doc has also said this injury requires 8-10 weeks before an average player can play. The superbowl will be at 6 1/2 weeks. 10 days short, but T.O. isn't the average player either. He takes a lot of time, care and effort into his health and training. A few years ago, the Eagles were playing the 49ers. Madden put up a picture of T.O. and Hank Frailey (Eagles center) without their shirts. T.O. has an 8-pack and Hank has a keg. Madden's point was all the wok and time T.O. puts in shows just by looking at him.

I think he will play. I think your defence will not tightly cover him at first. He will get one big play that will wake up your defence and that will free up one of our other players. If we can exploit that, I think the Eagles will win. Otherwise, its a battle of the defence. Get ready for a low scoring game.

If the Jets had won the game against Pitts. (tsk, tsk) and beat the Pats, I would be cheering for them too at the superbowl. What did Bellychick ever do to you? Get a better job, want to be head coach instead of standing behind the fat Tuna?

Ya, I know we had him here too, put together a good team, but we were never good enough for him. Too bad, so sad - see ya Tuna. :D Hey. the Giants are one of my fav teams and Tuna brought them to the superbowl. Bellychick learned from him. You should be feeling poorly not to root for the AFC - your own conference.....:D

Gotcha. :cool: Now that I think of it, I like the one week in between, but maybe 2 weeks is a good thing. All the players can try and get healthy. What do you think of T.O. saying he is going to play with the Dr. saying no.

Could this be a career ending injury if he breaks the ankle again:(

Judging by the dancing he was doing on the sideline he looks ready to play!

Scott

Predictions anyone?

Patriots 17

Eagles 21

It will be one of the best Superbowls in recent years.

I need a higher scoring game.. I have McNabb (QB) and Smith (TE) for The Eagles and Patten (WR) for the Pats left in my fantasy league.. I want at least 2 TDs from McNabb to "TO" as no one drafted "TO" for the playoffs and a couple of running TDs by McNabb. Brady can throe one to Patten. :D

BUT HERE IN NEW ENGLAND, WE HAVE TOM BRADY, TEDY BRUSCHI, ADAM VINATERI, COREY DILLON, DO I NEED TO GO ON? THEY SAY EVERYTHING COMES IN THREES AND WE WILL HAVE SUPERBOWL TROPHY NO. 3 ON SUNDAY. GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Tommy and the boys will bring that trophy home again! I have faith! If the Red Sox can break the curse, then the Patriots will reward all of their die hard fans with proof that they are the champions. . .of the world!

The Pats will win - by at least 10 points. Think about it. There are only about 6-8 really good players on the Eagles when they are all healthy. I just hop T.O. does not do more damage to himself. No matter who I cheer for, I hate seeing any player get hurt.

Look what happened to #36 on the Steelers - get ready #36 on the Eagles, you are going down too. :D

Hey, good luck Eagles fans, it should be a great game.

PS. Heard it might snow in Jacksonville Sunday about 7pm EST. :D

Archived