A question about demographics

caribbeansun

Which Age Group do you and your spouse fall into? (You may enter 2 separate values)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which Age Group do you and your spouse fall into? (You may enter 2 separate values)

• 31-35
    • 36-40
    • 41-45
    • 46-50
    • 51-55
    • 56-60
    • 61-65
    • 66-70
    • 71-75
    • 76-80
    • 81-85
    • >86

My DW and I just returned from Caribbean Pearls which was our second O cruise, having done a Greek Isle previously. The demographic of the first cruise was decidedly north of our own age category but the demographic of the second cruise was FAR further north which to be honest surprised us. Having met up with some others on this recent cruise they told us that their experience had actually been the opposite where they felt the average age of the Caribbean cruise was younger :eek:

All of which had me wondering about the demographics of O but also of those that contribute to the O Board. While it's rather indelicate to ask ones age I was hoping that by grouping age categories into 5 year bands it might provide a bit of insight on this topic that for reasons I can't explain I'm finding rather intriguing.

Individual responses will remain strictly private.

Our 1st O cruise we were under 60 & the ages ranged from12 to 80ish average age was probably late 60's

On other O cruises we had all age groups again more in the mid age range.

We are now in the 60-65 range

On other cruise ships it is probably the same but due to the smaller size of the R ships you just notice people more.

We get along with all age groups (over 25) so not a problem for us.

My biggest observation that there are very limited children on the cruise & those that are were VERY well behaved unlike other lines

Just my observations

Lyn

Indeed, we get along with all groups as well. Each has their own experiences and outlook on things that create a unique experience.

Those that are willing and able to be actively engaged means far more than biological age.

If you take two cruises to the Caribbean, one closer to school vacations (even though O doesn't cater to kids particularly) when more people take vacations, and more in-between times, the demographics will shift a bit.

We had our child pretty young and she is now grown and we have little tollerance for other people's children on vacation. Especially, because many take the "I am on vacation and I don't want to watch my children, but I had to bring them with me" stance while cruising. :eek:

We are likely to not find many peers our age on our cruise to Greece next year, but we have become accustom to hanging out with older friends because people our age have children from 0-15 years old. ICK.

Archived