Celebrity, Europe, and Kids

sharky23

Hi there,

My family is booked on a summer European cruise aboard the Equinox. We love the itinerary (Rome, Istanbul, Athens ... wow!) and can't wait for the trip.

Wondering if anyone on the boards has done a Celebrity cruise in the Mediterranean during summer, and if the demographics skew a little more family due to school being out.

We're a diverse group, four generations strong, and curious if the youngest in our group (a 14-year-old and a three-year-old) will have a little company? It's everyone's first experience with X.

Much obliged!

S

We did this itinerary in November with a 14YO on Solstice and even then there were a good number of teens and other kids on board, and the line offered their full range of activities.

The Teen program was poorly attended, but the teens on board were quite active outside the formal program.

We did a Med cruise couple of yrs ago and the kids thought it was the ideal vacation. There was a good number of kids, great mix of people from different parts of the world and all age groups. A great experience for all of us :). Can't wait to go again in July this year.

Hope you all have a good time in your cruise :).

We did a Med cruise summer before last with an 11, 13 and 2- 14 year olds (2 families) and we were so busy in ports I didn't pay attention to all the kids on board. By the time we came back on board at the end of the day, chilled out for a little while and then went to the late dinner (9:30) there wasn't time to do other things on the ship. Now this was RCL, but I would assume that the itineraries are similar in the Med. We had 1 day at sea on a 7 day cruise. Had a ball, best family vacation ever!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all, I feel relieved! I was getting a bit concerned it would be dominated by an older set.

With so many families on board, will the men in our group be ok on most nights (not formal) sporting khakis and polos? I'm reading a lot of different takes on the "smart casual" dress code.

Coming from people that have been on summer European X cruises, with plenty of kids on board, I figure your experiences will be invaluable. I, for one, don't want to wear a button-up long sleeve shirt every night. I'll begrudgingly wear a jacket on formal nights...I think. ;)

Much obliged!

Archived