How far out to book

wendygrace

I was wondering how far out you book and what is the reasonable time to book for a first timer. We are not looking at the early saver fares because we want to choose our own cabin. We're looking at ocean view but not balcony if that makes any difference. The cruise we're looking at isn't until Nov. 2011 and that seems like a long way away to be booking now. Is it safe to say we can wait until the fall to book?

I just saw Nov. 2011... IDK that it's ever too early too book. :)

However if you wait until 2011... or even up until 3-5 months before the cruise you should be fine..... if you want a certain cabin you KNOW you want.. then I would book ASAP to guarantee it.

We are booking Carnival. I thought the early saver didn't let you choose your own cabin. Hmm. I may have to rethink this. So if I get early saver and we change our minds, we can save our deposit by rebooking another cruise. That's good to know.

YEP... we booked early saver... and chose our cabin... and upgraded our cabin when a free upgrade became available to new bookings. The best part is that if the price drops from what we paid, for the category we are in now, I get the price drop but other types of bookings dont after the first 48 hours after booking.

If I were you I would go to Carnivals website ... do a fake early saver online booking... you can see some of the cabins that are available and where they are at on the cruise your looking at.

I was wondering how far out you book and what is the reasonable time to book for a first timer. We are not looking at the early saver fares because we want to choose our own cabin. We're looking at ocean view but not balcony if that makes any difference. The cruise we're looking at isn't until Nov. 2011 and that seems like a long way away to be booking now. Is it safe to say we can wait until the fall to book?

we book very far ahead. we are cruising apr. 2010 and we have 10 cruises booked ahead after that. the farther one is a b2b apr. 2012. this gives us a great choice of our room. so book ahead...

Archived