Volendam CatM Cabins going across corridor

noddy54

Hi,

If anybody has stayed in Cat M cabins 1842,1841,1854,1857,1877,1905 on the Holland America Volendam could you please tell me what they are like, and what is the difference to the other cabins.

These six cabins go across the corridor, where all the others go down.

We have booked cabin 1841, and was wondering what it was like?

Hope somebody can help

Noddy54 :)

I've not stayed in any of these cabins, nor have I visited in them, but I can make an educated guess what they are like based on my knowledge of K-2619 (one deck up). If they are the same, this is some info on them:

The room is more square than rectangle, and feels larger. The closets are split between two different sides of the cabin, and the bathroom is not near them. There is no curtain to set the bath off from the rest of the room, and this can let light shine into the room when the bathroom door is opened in the middle of the night. Also, you have to be careful if you're entering when someone else is dressing. :eek: Just be aware. :confused:

If the beds are separated you can't open the drawers at the foot, as they are blocked by the ends of the desk and sofa; if they're together, it's not a problem.

If I'm right, and these cabins are like 2619, then I would be happy in them. There's so much more walking space in the middle of the room you could almost dance there!

Hi Ruth C

Thanks very much for the information. The rooms sound something similar to Celebrity Century's. Could you please tell me where the bathroom is located? is it at the side or across the back wall.

The beds will be together, so I don't have to worry about the draws and apparently this cabin does not have a sofa.

Do the cabins have a fridge?

If there is anything else you can tell me about the cabins, or the ship I would appreciate it, as we have never travelled with Holland America before.

Noddy54:o

Remember, this is just an educated guess.

I think the headboard of the bed will be where the triangle is on the deckplan, and the bathroom will be where the top of the "1" in the cabin # is.

I know there's no fridge. If you want one, you should have your TA request one asap. It costs $2.00 per day. The problem with one is that it fits under the desk, right where your legs want to go when you're sitting there.

I thought that would be the rough lay out of the cabin, we will now have to wait and see. If it's the way you think it is then that will be great.

I don't need a fridge I was just wondering, they come in handy to keep water & soft drinks cold.

Any more info about the ship would be helpful, food, things to do on board etc ;)

RuthC and I both love 2619. As for the others you mentioned, 1877 and 1905 look to be slightly larger (notice on the deckplans how they are as long as two and a half of the width of the opposite outside cabins, while the rest are just two of the width? As for location, 1877 wins, as it's almost dead center of the ship.

We thought about 1877 & 1905 as they do look bigger but decided against them. 1877 is in the middle of the ship and great if the sea gets rough, but it is very close to the stairs and there is alot of corridor around it that has no cabins, and we didn't know what's there.

1905 is out there on it's own, great for nobody walking past your cabin all the time, but what is behind those walls? it could get very noisy if it holds cleaning gear or crew quaters.

My parents were in 1905, the isolated inside cabin and we were across from them in a verandah. You are correct in assuming that the voids on the deck plan are crew space. They encountered no noise from it at all. It is a long way from the elevators though.

• 8 years later...
On 3/14/2010 at 9:25 PM, RuthC said:

I've not stayed in any of these cabins, nor have I visited in them, but I can make an educated guess what they are like based on my knowledge of K-2619 (one deck up). If they are the same, this is some info on them:

The room is more square than rectangle, and feels larger. The closets are split between two different sides of the cabin, and the bathroom is not near them. There is no curtain to set the bath off from the rest of the room, and this can let light shine into the room when the bathroom door is opened in the middle of the night. Also, you have to be careful if you're entering when someone else is dressing. :eek: Just be aware. 😕

If the beds are separated you can't open the drawers at the foot, as they are blocked by the ends of the desk and sofa; if they're together, it's not a problem.

If I'm right, and these cabins are like 2619, then I would be happy in them. There's so much more walking space in the middle of the room you could almost dance there!

Did you get any noise from the laundry beside cabin2619?

2 hours ago, phoneybaloney said:

Did you get any noise from the laundry beside cabin2619?

No. Cabin 2619 is on the opposite passageway from the laundry. There is a staircase in between.

This thread is almost 9 years old. I don't even know if the laundry is still there. Some of the laundries have been removed from the ships.