Internet Question

tinatark

We will be on the Crown Princess 4/3 - 4 of us are Platinum level - can we combine those credits into 2 packages?

No sorry. You will enter your information into the computer, which is linked to your booking, and that will add your complimentary minutes to your internet account. Each one is seperate from each other and there is no way to combine them.

We will be on the Crown Princess 4/3 - 4 of us are Platinum level - can we combine those credits into 2 packages?
No. When you sign up for Internet, your Username is your first initial, last name and cabin # (ex: jdoec601 if you're john doe in cabin C601) and your password is your birthdate. You then change the password and sign up for a package. Thus, the package is linked to the passenger, not the cabin, so it's not combinable. If you're Platinum, the amount of the Internet package is then credited to the person's onboard account. To use someone else's Internet minutes, they'd have to give you their password. This is for security reasons.

Ok - thanks for the quick replies! Next question - can I sign up for the packages with my laptop - wirelessly in my room, or do I need to go to the internet cafe?
With your laptop in your cabin, set your wireless to the Princess WiFi network and open I.E. The Internet sign-up page will pop up and you can sign up for the Internet package. Whenever you sign back on, just open I.E. and log in.

The one thing to MAKE SURE to do is when you log off, type http://1.1.1.1 to disconnect you from the service. If you don't and don't shut down your laptop completely, you will remain logged in and use your minutes. There's no getting them back. :(

I travel with a friend and we are both Platinum members. However, my friend does not use the computer. On the first day, I sign each of us up for our "free" internet package. When I have used all my minutes, I sign onto hers and then access my E-mail. Works great for me.

Using your laptop is a very efficient way to use your internet minutes. Compose your emails offline and log on to send them.

Another tip it choose your time to log on to match when a lot of other people wont be logging on. The speed will be much better. For me, I have found around 7pm to be a good time or late at night. Just remember - if the internet cafe is full you can bet there are many more people logging on via the wireless.

I travel with a friend and we are both Platinum members. However, my friend does not use the computer. On the first day, I sign each of us up for our "free" internet package. When I have used all my minutes, I sign onto hers and then access my E-mail. Works great for me.

I do the same for my wife and I. She used about 20 minutes duriingour 32 day cruise last fall, so I had about 980 minutes.

Archived