5-6 nights pre cruise beach with kids!

knitdiva

We are planning a cruise out of San Juan this summer and we would like to get some beach time the previous week. We will travel with 2 kids (6 and 10). Nice pool, nice beach, a few good restaurants in a safe area. I was in Isla Verde for one night pre cruise a few years ago but didn't get to see much since I wasn't even there 24H! We have toured and walked Old San Juan a few times but want lazy days on a beach (hey we get enough snow up here that we deserve to play in the sand). Don't know if we will rent a car. Don't mind being far from cruise pier (we will have a few days to get there:)). Open for advice for our pre cruise "vacation" :D

Thanks!!

Oooh two vacations in one, you're sure to have a wonderful time! Sounds like you should check out Isla Verde again, especially for the beach area :D. Friends and I stayed in Isla Verde last summer, it was perfect. We were a group of 6 women, and we felt completely safe the entire time.

I would look for a resort in the area. From what you're describing, I think you would be pretty happy with any of the resorts in San Juan. If you're not especially set on a specific hotel brand, check out the sticky in this (San Juan) forum about Priceline bids and results. The savings are pretty significant. I hope this helps!

I booked my parents on a cruise out of San Juan in January. They went down two days prior and one day after. On hotwire I got them the Rio Mar Wyndham as mentioned above. They loved the resort said it was in an easy to find location close to rainforest if your interested. The only thing they say is the food at the resort was very expensive. We got the rooms for $119 a night.

Guest Host Cheryl
We are planning a cruise out of San Juan this summer and we would like to get some beach time the previous week. We will travel with 2 kids (6 and 10). Nice pool, nice beach, a few good restaurants in a safe area. I was in Isla Verde for one night pre cruise a few years ago but didn't get to see much since I wasn't even there 24H! We have toured and walked Old San Juan a few times but want lazy days on a beach (hey we get enough snow up here that we deserve to play in the sand). Don't know if we will rent a car. Don't mind being far from cruise pier (we will have a few days to get there:)). Open for advice for our pre cruise "vacation" :D

Thanks!!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites on Isla erde Ave. The hotel was nice, quiet and safe. It has a pool with a grill/bar right near the pool. You can eat lunch or dinner right near the pool. There is also a restaurant across the street that serves breakfast all day (if you don't want the continental breakfast at the hotel). The hotel was nice. Our suite had two rooms, a nice kitchen bar, two large screen TVs (one for you and one for the kids), internet access and was walking distance to the beach.

The only down side is that when outside by the pool, you can hear the engines from the planes at the airport. You can't hear them in the hotel room. So sleeping is not a problem.

Archived