Diving in Aruba

christyefs

My husband and I will be stopping in Aruba in March on Brilliance of the Seas. We are looking forward to diving on this cruise, but are also considering other excursions for Aruba. We have never dove in Aruba, but are avid divers and would like to hear any other experiences (good and bad) from other divers that have dove in this area.

I have never dove in Aruba but I did a fair amount of research since I am thinking about a land vacation there this spring. From what I understand, there are alot of dive outfits in Aruba and a lot of shore diving. However, I have read that the reef is is very bad shape close to shore and to get a good dive experience, you will have to find a dive outfit that is willing to take you to a good spot as opposed to what is closest and easiest for them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Either there aren't that many divers on this board or none dive in Aruba. Is Aruba not the best dive location, then?
It is a combination of not many ships visit Aruba compared to other dive spots and not may divers on this board.

The diving in Aruba is fine, not the best in the Caribbean but not bad either. Curacao and Bonaire are both better.

I went with http://www.divearuba.com but wouldn't recommend them to a very inexperienced newbie.

Pelican adventures had a nice boat and lead a dive on the highly over rated wreck of the Antilla. I'd go with them again and they would be a good choice for newbies.

Archived