Diamond Traditional Dining

momthecruisedirector

Hi all. I found a great web site - cruiseclues.com - they have all the menu's, patters, all kind of goodies listed. Anyway, the only thing (only???) I have a question about is:

When having dinner in the traditional dining room, can you order from the specialty dining rooms menus?

I saw that you can order from traditional in the specialtly but didn't see if you can do the opposite.

We are booked for the Diamond to Alaska on July 2nd. Booked our excursions last night on line. We picked Alaska this year so we don't have to pay airfare, just get a five minute taxi ride from our house to the ship.

When having dinner in the traditional dining room, can you order from the specialty dining rooms menus?
Along with the traditional dining room menu they present one specialty menu for a dining room during the cruise on different nights so you can try them all.

From what I understand, the speciality dining rooms are for full meals only. We were just on the 10 night Diamond cruise and the traditional dining room had very good chips and OK guacamole as an appetizer. Don't know about the room service, it depends on whether you have a suite or not. If not, you are limited to the room service menu. Of course, it never hurts to ask...

Thank you. Husband has a question:

Can you go to, say, the Santa Fe just for guac. and chips before your late sitting dinner? And can you order room service from the specialy dining rooms?Thanks!

You can not go to the dining room if you have traditional dining. My husband had the "Norwalk" virus and I was able to order room service for my meals. They do not deliver from any dining room menu except the International (traditional - Princess menus) menus. I tried ordering from one of the dining rooms and was informed of this.

Archived