Quality Inn Orlando Airport

mnsawyer

Not sure if this hotel is too good to be true...free cocktail hour, free deluxe continental breakfast, airport shuttle, etc. I called the hotel directly just a few minutes ago and they also have a shuttle right from the hotel to Port Canaveral for $35 per person roundtrip and will take you back to the airport even if you are not staying post-cruise at the hotel. Shuttle to Sea World is $6 per person round trip. Tripadvisor.com has some not so good reviews and the RCCL board has a really bad one and indicates that RCCL will not put cruisers there.

Has anyone stayed there? What restaurants are within walking distance? I don't need the Ritz but assuredly want a safe and clean hotel to stay the night!

My husband and I stayed there last Thursday after our cruise. We had a rental car so we did not use the shuttle van but they did ask us if we needed to use it the next morning to go to the airport. Our room and linens were clean as well as the carpeting. They had put us in a handicapped room so I do not know if it is used as often as other rooms or not. Another plus was that even though it was a smoking room, they had a very fresh smelling deodorizer. There was not that awful stale smell like some smoking rooms have. Breakfast was Corn Flakes or Raisin Bran, apple or orange juice, coffee, bagels, toast, danish, apples , and oranges. We certainly felt safe enough. This hotel is located right off the interstate exchange and is not really walkable to area restraunts though. Hope this helps make your decision easier.

Thanks so much for the prompt response! A poster on the RCCL board made this place sound really, really bad. Made reference to stained sheets, prostitutes in the hallway, etc., no, I am not kidding and based on that post, I actually had crossed this hotel off my list. Apparently, RCCL had sent cruisers there after one of the hurricanes and now are not recommending this hotel.

We will not be renting a car so some of the perks that the Quality Inn offers seem pretty good. Also, the shuttle to Port Canaveral sounds good but would be a tad bit concerned that they wouldn't pick us up at the end of our cruise!!

Did you use the pool? What about restaurants within walking distance?

I live in Orlando by the airport. There is a Hampton Inn, Amerisuites and a Fairfeild Inn, and a Holiday Inn.( My sister has Stayed at all of them at one time or another while visiting) They are all clustered together at the first stop light out of the airport on SR436 and TG Lee Road. There are several restaurants there also, (Denny's, Tony Roma's, Bennagin's, Chili's and Hooters) Just a mile north from there are the Walgreens, gas stations and a Mc Donald's, Taco Bell, etc (corner of SR436 and Hoffner) Most hotels also have restaurants that will deliver, and most have shuttle service to the airport (5-10 minute drive depending on terminal)

Any of the Comfort Inns,Howard Johnson's, Quality Inns,Sleep inns (on McCoy , Frontage Road) are pretty run down, and I would not stay there. They have a lot of truckers and folks who live there permanently. Spend the couiple extra bucks and be safe.

Email me if you have any???

I just wanted to make certain we were talking about the same place... we were at the one with the address of 2601 McCoy Rd., Orlando

I seen no such activity nor any maintenance or cleanliness problems. I have been to LOTS worse than this one. It is not a Hilton, but it certainly was not filthy nor run down.

I guess everyone has an opinion and may even have two seperate experiences depending upon the room given and the communications between guest relations. We had no problems and thought the guy at the front desk was very pleasant.

Hi suev,

I just stayed there this past Friday Night. I was going to fly into Orlando on Saturday morning, but with the snow coming in Milwaukee, I chose an early evening Fridayflight to Orlando.

I did not get there until around 11PM local time after picking up my rental car. During my stay, the area was very quiet (and I would suspect that if there was going to be an obvious safety issue that you would see it on a Friday night).

I felt very safe. When I was leaving the hotel the next morning, I noticed a lot of families and seniors at the hotel. No riff-raff during my stay. The hotel next door looked like it was in dire need of repair (I don't know which one it was because the sign was in tatters) but the Quality Inn was fine (as are most Choice hotels I've stayed at).

I had a second floor room near the pool (which is small but well maintained)with two double beds. It was clean and there were enough towels for four people. The beds were comfortable, and the AC worked fine. For the price, I had no comlaints.

I got in late so I just ordered a pizza from a local place that was recommended by the desk clerk, who was friendly and helpful, so I didn't eat at any of the local restaurants. The next morning I did drive down the road and picked up some road food (I was driving to Miami) at a local gas station and did notice several restaurants.

I would stay here again if it were to just rest my bones for the night, but it's definitely not a resort (and not priced like one). If you're looking to whoop it up before you leave for the port (like I sometimes do) this might not be your best option, but if it's just a resting spot after your flight it'll work great for you.

Just a note, if you do stay there and are driving, it is just off of the Beeline Expressway exit for McCoy Road on the right hand side, and easy to pass if your not watching (I know because I passed it the first time and had to double back). On that same note, it is convenient to the expressway that leads down to Port Canaveral.

Thanks everyone for your response. I agree about everyone's opinions of hotels. It just seemed pretty good with it's own shuttle to the port as well as shuttle to Sea World which we thought would be fun since we'll be arriving early in the day. I was concerned about safety, cleanliness as well as a place to get some dinner in the evening. I also read that the Florida Mall is only a few miles away. Any idea how much a cab would be from the Quality Inn? Mapquest says about 5 miles.

Also, I haven't tried Priceline but am sure I can get a 3 or 2.5 star hotel for much less than what even the Quality Inn is charging which is about $75 per night. We have stayed at several Hampton Inn's and really have been pleased.

Thanks again everyone! As always, this board is great!

Archived