An internet question

bobcholmes

This is for RCL Brilliance of the Seas specific, but I suppose it is applicable pretty much to each line/ship - I will be interested in checking in for our return flight from Barcelona online, day before arrival. What are the prospects of doing it? Anything I should know? Hotels in Vegas have "business centers" where it'll work, just wondering about aforementioned cruise ships. Of course, our airline is British Airways, so with this strike business going on, we may have to walk back to Houston anyhow.:)

Ask the cruise line! If you can't find the info on their Web site, phone them. The two cruise ships I've been on (both Princess) had Internet centers, but they were expensive AND people reported very slow connection speed, so you paid for a lot of waiting. Hotels in many cities, not just Vegas, have business centers, but they usually cost less (if there's a cost) and have faster connection speeds. You can also send faxes and make phone calls from cruise ships-- at a cost. If it's just confirming your flight, ask the purser's desk if they can help you. Probaby not, unless you booked the flight through the cruise line, but it doesn't hurt to ask. And CNN reported a little bit ago that the British Airways strike is on (for 3 days, I believe). Talks broke down.

There is an internet cafe onboard the ship (on deck 4 off the Centrum). There is a printer there.

It costs $.55 per minute to use the internet, although you can buy packages that drop the price somewhat.

Ask the cruise line! If you can't find the info on their Web site, phone them. The two cruise ships I've been on (both Princess) had Internet centers, but they were expensive AND people reported very slow connection speed, so you paid for a lot of waiting. Hotels in many cities, not just Vegas, have business centers, but they usually cost less (if there's a cost) and have faster connection speeds. You can also send faxes and make phone calls from cruise ships-- at a cost. If it's just confirming your flight, ask the purser's desk if they can help you. Probaby not, unless you booked the flight through the cruise line, but it doesn't hurt to ask. And CNN reported a little bit ago that the British Airways strike is on (for 3 days, I believe). Talks broke down.

Thanks for the responses. Yep, you're correct about BA strike. Damn the water is cold this time of year when you have to walk back and forth to Houston.

Archived