2011 Alaska Itineraries Released Today?

Just a word of caution. We had booked the first day on the "stinky ship" Radiance, a suite and everything. Booked the air tickets 6 months out to get a better price. Then a couple weeks later....CHARTER CRUISE.:eek: All plans for nothing. And then they refuse to refund the change charge from our air tickets. So we rebooked on another cruise line at a better price. SOOOOO don't think your reservation will be set in stone. Wishing everyone better luck than us.:)

Just a word of caution. We had booked the first day on the "stinky ship" Radiance, a suite and everything....

What is stinky about the Radiance? We loved the Serenade, but have never been on the Radiance. Is anything wrong with the Radiance?

Steve

I just got a call from the super nice NCI person who promised to call me when the Alaska itineraries were released and he said "we just received an email that said the Alaska itineraries are on hold temporarily....we will let you know when they are ready to be released". So, the poor NCI call center folks know as much, or less, than we do. I love that customer service though....he promises to call me when they are available. Do those guys work on commission too?

I am wondering if this has anything to do with Panama Canal cruises....because the ships will need to do the PC in order to do Alaska.

I just got a call from the super nice NCI person who promised to call me when the Alaska itineraries were released and he said "we just received an email that said the Alaska itineraries are on hold temporarily....we will let you know when they are ready to be released". So, the poor NCI call center folks know as much, or less, than we do. I love that customer service though....he promises to call me when they are available. Do those guys work on commission too?

What?????? At the rate things are going, I just might have to book our 5/2011 cruise while on board the Radiance in May 2010. How dare they play with our sanity. So depressing ---gonna go eat a WHOLE box of chocolate bon-bons. :D:D

Thanks for the heads-up.

What is stinky about the Radiance? We loved the Serenade, but have never been on the Radiance. Is anything wrong with the Radiance?

Steve

There have been a few reports of "plumbing problems" aboard with sewer smells and floods from sewer pipes coming disconnected in the middle sections of the ship. At least that is what was posted on CC. They seem to be working on the problems as they pop up. I'm sure you can find posts on CC about the problem and hopefully it is under control.

So the convincing on the Serenade worked...well done:)

Hi CG! :)

Yes, the convincing worked. You played a big part in it, too. Good job! :D If they don't hurry and release dates though, I'm gonna have to start all over again, hehe.

We were told on Serenade by several crew members (including the Captain) that the SR will be replacing Radiance in Alaska next year. Since the RD is being moved to Australia, and those dates are to (supposedly) be released Monday, I wonder if they will finally release SR bookings too. At this point, who knows...it's just another theory to throw out there. I sure was a naughty girl with that refresh button today, though. :o

At any rate, I'm just happy to get back on her. She's a beautiful ship, and an awesome crew!

Nancy

Hi CG! :)

Yes, the convincing worked. You played a big part in it, too. Good job! :D If they don't hurry and release dates though, I'm gonna have to start all over again, hehe.

We were told on Serenade by several crew members (including the Captain) that the SR will be replacing Radiance in Alaska next year. Since the RD is being moved to Australia, and those dates are to (supposedly) be released Monday, I wonder if they will finally release SR bookings too. At this point, who knows...it's just another theory to throw out there. I sure was a naughty girl with that refresh button today, though. :o

At any rate, I'm just happy to get back on her. She's a beautiful ship, and an awesome crew!

Nancy

Hopefully they will release the Alaska cruises tomorrow. We can only hope!:D

I got an email last night from my CVP stating that all the openings are on hold.

See below.. No mention though of how long this will be.

Just a quick note to advise you that we just received word that the release of all deployment schedules for next year have been delayed.

Message was

" Please be advised that all Royal and Celebrity brand 2011-2012 openings are on hold temporarily."

How do you all get this information about RCI and their schedule???????????????????

HAL has already posted their Alaskan itineraries. Princess is supposed to post around April 8th (the last I heard). If RCI doesn't post soon, I will be defecting. :D

Archived