Liberty vs. Serenade with teens - What should we do?

We are considering both the Serenade and the Liberty in June. We will have three 13 year old boys sailing with us. I really like the ports of the Serenade better (St. Thomas-Dominica-Curacao-Aruba) than the Liberty (San Juan-St. Maarten-Labadee) but am concerned that the teens won't have as good of a time. Thoughts?

I don't have kids but I have sailed on both class of ships and, if I were a teenager, I would prefer the Liberty.

Serenade will have the rock climbing wall, basketball court, arcade and the mini golf but the Liberty offers so much more- the surfing, ice skating ring, a larger teen space, and LOTS of places to grab a snack (Promenade Cafe, Sorrentos, extra charge for Johnny Rockets).

I'm not sure how many teens the Serenade gets- hopefully someone will be able to help you with that. But maybe if 3 of them are traveling together, they won't worry about meeting other kids?

have met plenty on teenagers on serenade to have a great time. imop formed closer bonds with people on smaller ships, than bigger ones. Yes there is so many activities on freedom class which is a big advantage, id pick location first, they will always meet people and having three of them to start with helps

Just got off the Independence(similar to Liberty) with my 15 year old son. He practically lived on the Flowrider! It was just the 2 of us and he was able to meet a gaggle of kids on the first day.....they had a ball together. DEFINITELY, with three 13 year old boys, choose the Liberty!

Thanks so much for the replies. You all just reinforced what I thought. The adults would prefer the Serenade but I think the Liberty is a better ship for the teens. We are picking Liberty. I am sure we adults will have a great time regardless. We will sail the Brilliance class when we go by ourselves. Thanks again!

Archived