ROLL CALL - Opera 2nd April

czechmate

Good morning stragglers:

You are not alone yet. We are still in Tampa, leaving tomorrow morning on the Amtrak for Ft. Lauderdale. Have not packed the first thing yet. Panic, panic. I am glad to hear we can stock up near the ship. We have the wine ready to pack, but no room left for any soda. After all, we must pack the important stuff first. I am excited about meeting you all. It has been wonderful chatting on line with such a diverse, intelligent group of travelers. See you tomorrow night in the corner somewhere.

Dear friends,

400 is not possible anymore, I think. But 15 pages will do too !

So, don't be affraid of customs. :p

Tomorrowmorning I will turn off the light here and start to goto U.S. Miami.

Very, very curious, because there are some 20-25 Dutchmen/women, who did not react on calls. Very strange:rolleyes:

Henri.

HI all,

Gino and Cynthia left Kissimmee this morning on their way to the coast. They gave a gift of some delicious Belgium chocolates that we greatly appreciated. They were headed to the Orlando area malls for a shopping trip and then to Cocoa Beach to visit Ron Jon's surf shop and check out the Atlantic beaches before beginning their trip South.

Here's wishing everyone a great cruise. We will be following you across the Atlantic in May on RCCL's Jewel of the Seas for our first Transatlantic cruise so we are almost as excited as you are but we have another month or so to wait.

Have a great next cruise and tell Gino and Cynthia Warren and Trisha said HI.

Thanks again Benita for all the tips. Our bags are packed ,all 20++ kgs,and tonight we leave on the first leg of the trip. Unfortunately we will not be going to Goosby's,but will be their in mind & "spirit". Pity you are not joining us on this great trip,I think it will be a blast.Perhaps in the future we can all do another,if our livers don't totally reject us on this trip!!!! Will keep in touch. Off now to do the million & one things that still have to be done. Totsiens en groete van Vancouver. Mary:):cool::p

Howdy all - never thought to check out the critic site for chatter about this MSC cruise - didn't think there would be anyone out there on the boards. Joe and I have never been on this line and are interested in the feedback from your chatter. Looking forward to meeting all of you - is there enough for a cruise critic party - we have to register today - hope it is not too late. We have cruisesd almost 20 trips but this is our first on this line - hope it turns out as well as all the others.

Elaine from New Jerey

No cruise critic meet and mingle on MSC, but we are having one anyway. The plan is to meet at Il Patio at 5:00PM on the day of Boarding and at 5:00 PM each night inThe Cotton Club I think. Just plan to join us, we have a nice group. Read through the prior message for infomation and info on other passengers. Many have already left for Fort Lauderdale. See you there. Paul

Elaine & Joe, welcome aboard.

In half an hour my daughter will come and bring us to airport Amsterdam Schiphol.:)

Hope everything is going well.:confused:

For those allready in F.Lauderdale....have a nice party this afternoon.:D

Rest... see you tomorrow on Il Patio.:D

Henri&Marian.

Well, I guess the Goosby's party is HAPPENING at this moment. I hope you're all enjoying the get-to-know-you event ... Czechmate, RELAX on this cruise! We're there in spirit!!! Hope to see you next year on the transatlantic! Henri ... I do hope to meet you; you sound like a caring, fun kind of person. Geniet!

• 3 weeks later...

We arrived home late last night. It was a great cruise. A nice train ride and great visit in Rome. We arrived in Rome to hear the announcement that there is a new Pope. Except for getting lost and having to carry our luggage up the Spanish steps, our stay at the Intercontinental was great.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone. We are looking forward to going back to Rome in the fall and seeing any pictures you may have taken. Thanks Barry for you hard work and excellent hospitality. I now have about 6 weeks to lose the weight I gained and to prepare for our Baltic Cruise in June. Paul

Archived