NCL Norwegian Sea Cruises (Negative)

rubbercow

I have been glued to all of your responses about the Sea and anticipate each new one. You have provided with a wealth of information and I really look forward to my cruise, based largely on your continued upbeat responses. PLease continue...you are really helping those of with future cruisers weed through the negativity. My only other cruise was on RCL's Nordic Empress, their smallest oldest ship, we had a fabulous time.

I am concerned about our room location 4001, 4002, 4202....we are directly under the lounge, do you think this will be a problem. We still have the opportunity to upgrade to the promenade deck, but are VERy leary about the jogging track directly outside. We are also travleing with two three year olds and I don't htink it's a good idea for them to know that "outside" is on the other side of the door.

Anyway, please keep posting!!!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence: I hope you are disappointed, but if you enjoyed the Nordic you should enjoy the Sea as well. As for cabin and noise versus upgrading: I try to remember noise normally travels down, not up so I do not think it will be a problem; on the other hand our first experience with the Sea was on the Promenade deck. The joggers didn't bother us one bit; no one seemed to care about glaring into our room nor did we hear much if any noise. We were on deck four last November and loved the convenience. Of course we were not over the lounge either. Have a great cruise.

NMNita

We cruised the Sea in 99. This was before Freestyle. She has an attractive atrium although this ship is not fancy. There was lots of movemnet on our cruise. We have not cruised her since and do not plan to cruise the Dream when she comes to Houston. We cruised on the Star to Alaska last summer. It was like cruising another cruise line. NCL's newer ships are very modern up to date well maintained ships. We will be cruising the new Jewel in Dec. I was leary of cruising NCL before going on the Star, but liked this ship so much that we booked another on her upcoming new ship. So,don't give up on NCL yet.

rubbercow

Thanks for posting both your letter and the reply. I think both were handled quite professionally. (Although If I were NCL----you would've gotten a special deal on your next cruise, or maybe free specialty dining each night OR SOMETHING but that's just me)

Enjoy your future journeys.

-Monte

Archived