Alilaguna summer schedule?

petersoj

Hi petersoj,

Thanks for the link.

However, I have a question, there are two line, blue and red schedule showing from Tronchetto to Aeroporto but the actual blue line picture only shows from Molino Stucky to Aeroporto, should I look at the schedule not the picture. Am I correct? Can someone please tell me? For ex. if I take the blue line 13:54 from Tronchetto and I should arrive to the Marco Polo airport at 15:39? How far is the dock in Aeroporto to the actual terminal (Lufthansa), is it walkable with luggage or we have to take a taxi?

Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know...I'm still trying to figure it out myself.

There isn't a direct line from the cruise port to the airport on the web site map.

According to the web site (http://www.alilaguna.it/linee.en.html), you'd need to take the M line from the cruise port to San Marco, then switch to either the Blue, Red or Gold lines to the airport.

Hi euro cruiser, thanks for your advise. If we do it as what you suggested, how do I buy the ticket? Do I buy the 6.50E for the M, then another ticket $? for the other (Blue, Red or Gold)? Or there is a combo ticket. Website is not that clear to me.

Many thanks.

Thanks Earl Rosebery. Hopefully you can help me. The more I read, the more I get confused. Ok. Here it is, we will disambark at 9am from cruise terminal and we will take our luggage to one of the terminal storage area to store for the day until the afternoon, because our Lufthansa flight is 6:25pm; then we will walk to S. Marco Sq for a few hour, lunch then walk back to the cruise terminal to get our luggage, then take the water bus to the airport(Tronchetto is the nearest to the cruise terminal I hope), the reason we pick the water bus (15E) so the kids can enjoy some more sightseeing about Venice before we head home.

Thanks.

I get it. You are not staying in a hotel in Venice. Assuming you leave your luggage at the cruise terminal, I would then take the alilaguna M line direct to St. Marks square. From there, I would stroll past the Rialto bridge and the Frari church and the Accademia bridge and back to St. Mark's I would then take the alilaguna water bus back to the port. You can buy a return ticket The water bus runs every 30 minutes. This avoids Tronchetto which is apparently not suitable from the alilaguna pier. Tronchetto is a parking island and the walk to the port would be difficult. Once back at the port I would take a land taxi to the airport. A less expensive alternative would be the 6/ bus to Piazzale Roma and then the express ACTV bus to the airport.

If you don't want to return to St. Mark's you could walk or take the no 1 Vaporetto to Piazzale Roma. From there you could walk to the port (20 minutes) or take a taxi, have the taxi driver wait while you get your luggage and then go to the airport or finally take the 6/ bus or any available shuttle bus to the port, pick up your luggage and then proceed to the airport as above. see http://www.veniceforvisitors.com and stay posted. P.S. Get a map and borrow a guide book from your library. It will make your visit much more enjoyable.

We are waiting for reports as to whether or not the 'people mover' from Piazzal Roma to the end of Tronchetto nearest to the port (avoiding the parking garages) is an acceptable alternative. It is far from clear so far. Th people mover is an automatic elevated tram that goes from Piazzal Roma to Tronchetto in 3 minutes. However the intermediate stop at the port is not yet open and we don't know how difficult the walk would be back to the port from the end of the tram line.

Hi petersoj,

Thanks for the link.

However, I have a question, there are two line, blue and red schedule showing from Tronchetto to Aeroporto but the actual blue line picture only shows from Molino Stucky to Aeroporto, should I look at the schedule not the picture. Am I correct? Can someone please tell me? For ex. if I take the blue line 13:54 from Tronchetto and I should arrive to the Marco Polo airport at 15:39? How far is the dock in Aeroporto to the actual terminal (Lufthansa), is it walkable with luggage or we have to take a taxi?

Thanks.

As far as I know, both the red and blue lines go from Tronchetto to the airport. BUT note it takes almost 2 hours and costs 15E per person. A land taxi from the cruise terminal would be much faster at about the same cost. If you do go by boat, the pier is a 12 minute flat walk to the check in counters. It is walkable with luggage. We did it last year with 1 medium size suitcase and 1 carry on each.

If you do go by boat, the pier is a 12 minute flat walk to the check in counters. It is walkable with luggage. We did it last year with 1 medium size suitcase and 1 carry on each.

Thanks Earl Rosebery. Are you saying that it is walkable from the cruise terminal to Tronchetto and you have done it with luggage? There will be 4 of us and we can walk.

Thanks Earl Rosebery. Are you saying that it is walkable from the cruise terminal to Tronchetto and you have done it with luggage? There will be 4 of us and we can walk.

No No No!!!

You asked how far the dock at THE AIRPORT was from the check in. I answered 12 minutes

However, it is NOT reccommended to take a water bus from Tronchetto. As far as anyone knows, it is a very difficult walk from the cruise terminal to the Tronchetto alilaguna dock. It would also take almost 2 hours for the boat trip.

If you are going from the cruise terminal or Piazzal Roma to the airport, please take a land taxi or a land bus. For details see

www.veniceforvisitors.com

It is fun to get out on the water. Therefore, take the alilaguna water bus M line from the cruise terminal to St Mark's or the no 1 vaporetto from Piazzal Roma to St Mark's. You can do either or both legs of your day trip in either direction.

My 2 cent...

If you are just going into the city for the day, leave you luggage at the marine terminal (I've not done it; but it reportedly can be stored) then just get to St. Marks by alilaguna line M for a couple hours. Also you might consider taking a traghetto (gondola) across the Grand Canal to Dorodosola then back at Santa Maria del Giglio; its fun and the cheapest good time in Venice at 1/2 euro each way. Get a good map. Take an airport shuttle or cab from the maritime terminal (check them online).

As far as the Molino Stucky goes, unless one is completely bound to the Hilton chain, why stay on Guidecca?

Archived