Transportation to Port Canaveral

cctn

Hello...We are also cruising on the Freedom in August and are using "Beachline Transportation" We are taking them from the Orlando Airport to the Doubletree Hotel on Cocoa Beach the day prior to the cruise, then back to the airport from the port when the cruise is over.

From what I have read, Beachline has received many positive reviews, including people that live in Orlando and are familiar with them. Their website is:

http://www.beachlinetransportation.net

I want to stress that we have never used them before. This will be our first time. We are going by what other people have said. For those cruising after August 29th, you can read my post after our cruise and I can describe our experience with them.

Dave

Hello...We are also cruising on the Freedom in August and are using "Beachline Transportation" We are taking them from the Orlando Airport to the Doubletree Hotel on Cocoa Beach the day prior to the cruise, then back to the airport from the port when the cruise is over.

From what I have read, Beachline has received many positive reviews, including people that live in Orlando and are familiar with them. Their website is:

http://www.beachlinetransportation.net

I want to stress that we have never used them before. This will be our first time. We are going by what other people have said. For those cruising after August 29th, you can read my post after our cruise and I can describe our experience with them.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Did you tell them you got their information off this board? You are suppose to get a discount per Glenn if you do. Just curious

• 3 years later...

Dave.....how was your experience with Beachline Transportation? There are 16 of us traveling in September and I'm hoping not to have to use the pricey cruise transportation. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Dave.....how was your experience with Beachline Transportation? There are 16 of us traveling in September and I'm hoping not to have to use the pricey cruise transportation. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Kate.....did you notice this thread is four years old?

You may want to start a new thread for more updated information. There are a couple of local guys on the boards who could give you some great info on whether on not this company is still around, etc....

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

There are some killer one-way car rental deals right now! I booked through Costco travel and found great rates. We just use their free office to port shuttles after we drop off the car and vice/versa for the return.

Budget codes U096100 or Y937800 are good ones and if keeping over a Saturday night, combine with coupon MUWZ163 for an even bigger discount.

Gina

We flew into Orlando on Feb. 22 for our Feb. 23 cruise. We rented a van from Dollar.com b/c we got a really good rate. The van itself worked out great but I will mention that it was a hassle picking it up. I had to wait in line for approx. 60-70 minutes to get the van. This was a Saturday mid day. It was awful. My children were hungry and cranky (actually I was too) and it almost didn't seem worth it.

On return we booked a shuttle with cocoa beach shuttle (google it) and they were fabulous - fast, friendly, reasonable cost, the driver gave us lots of info about the area, etc.

If we fly in the day of our cruise next time I'll hire them to take me to port as well.

We flew into Orlando on Feb. 22 for our Feb. 23 cruise. We rented a van from Dollar.com b/c we got a really good rate. The van itself worked out great but I will mention that it was a hassle picking it up. I had to wait in line for approx. 60-70 minutes to get the van. This was a Saturday mid day. It was awful. My children were hungry and cranky (actually I was too) and it almost didn't seem worth it.

On return we booked a shuttle with cocoa beach shuttle (google it) and they were fabulous - fast, friendly, reasonable cost, the driver gave us lots of info about the area, etc.

If we fly in the day of our cruise next time I'll hire them to take me to port as well.

We had a very similar experience and now, when ever possible, we only use ALAMO/National because they have the self check-in kiosks and they are the BEST! I check in online ahead of time, breeze right past the long lines and I am in the garage and picking out my vehicle in 5 to 10 minutes. Plus I love that the second driver is free when I use my Costco membership and lastly, I discovered that Alamo will only block my debit/credit card for the exact amount of the rental, vs. $500 or more like the other companies.