Anniversary Package

nanak915

Can anyone tell me what kind of sparkling wine is in the anniversary package? Is it chilled and waiting in the room when you arrive so you have it for sail away? Also, what wine do they serve with the dinner at LeBistro? My husband likes a wine that is a little sweet something like White Zifandel. I want to surprise him with the package but only if it is something he would like.

They have a link to their wine list in the bon voyage section of the website http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=BonVoyageGifts. I would expect that the wine provided in any package would probably be at the lower end of their price list. The website says the sparkling wine and strawberries will be in your cabin upon embarkation and it will probably be on ice.

Two years ago we ordered the anniversary package, and the bottle of champagne was not iced nor was it there when we got to our room. So we did not get to enjoy it for sail away. Very disappointing. You did have your choice of a couple of different "house" wines such as zinfindal, merlot and even champagne for the dinner. The free party was very small. Ours included honeymoon couples and anniversary package couples and there were no more than 6 or 7 couples who showed up-you had your picture taken through a cut out cake and then they served cake to everyone. We found it kind of boring. It was nice to have the strawberries and little snacks delivered to the room, but they were always in the room already when we returned from port and always seemed to us that they had been there for quite sometime,very room temperature when should have been cold or hot. For the price now, I don't think we would order it again.

Thank you so much for the first hand info. I will give it a second thought as to whether I want to do that or just take our own champagne on board with us and then do one of the speciality restaurants for our anniversary. It might work out better that way.

Archived