Princess new years eve cruise

Abigail 2008

We've been on Princess a couple of times for New Year's. We went at that time mainly because that was the only week we could go (school break time). Now that I'm can cruise at other times, I've decided that for a hat & paper necklace and maybe a balloon drop at midnight I can cruise another week for half the price. I remember in years past - about 8 years ago - they had champagne but on the last New Year's cruise you bought your bottle of champagne. Now for a real New Year's Eve party try a Sandal's resort.

We did the NYE cruise on Emerald 08/09. It was very nice. The dining room has a special dinner that night and some hats, noise makers and confetti was handed out later in the eveing. There was a deck party with band as well as a formal black & white ball in the atrium. We had fun.

However, the ship was more crowded than we have experienced on other cruises and the price was a lot more than the week after that did not include NYE.

We weren't sure that the extra cost would make it worth doing again, but we were not disappointed in the cruise itself.

Has anyone cruised over New Years? would love to know what to expect on Princess for New Years:)

First was in 2008 on the Golden Princess Panama Canal crossing and we had a wonderful party in the aft lounge with the ship's band playing swing dance music, balloon drop, an excellent festive time. Then in 2009 on a 2 week Caribbean Collection trip on the Grand we rang in the new year on deck. The Grand doesn't have as nice a dance club setup as the golden. Anyway, we were in Curacao on NYE day, and with a short sail to Aruba for Jan-1 the captain hung sround Curacao at sea, timing a sail up the coast at midnight. With the ship's horn blaring we watched the island erupt in a line of fireworks from end to end. A great time was had by all.

PS- Hi Amelia, looks like you had an interesting 27 day trip from your comments. What happened to Ken, stayed home? When did we sail, was it the Eastern Med out of Venice, and were you with Anne and I in Athens? Don't have my notes with me...I'm in Wash DC on business.

PS- Hi Amelia, looks like you had an interesting 27 day trip from your comments. What happened to Ken, stayed home? When did we sail, was it the Eastern Med out of Venice, and were you with Anne and I in Athens? Don't have my notes with me...I'm in Wash DC on business.

We were together over Christmas and New Years on the Coral Princess a few years ago. I'll never forget your Yankee gift exchange, it went on for a long time because we had such a large CC group, and I might add that you ran it so well. We tried to do a similar thing this year on the Ruby over NYE but it was nothing like the one you ran.

I left Ken home, he could not get the time off from work and I could not get the notion of trying a solo cruise out of my head so he stayed home and I took the cruise. I missed him terribly, and I don't think I'll go alone again but it was a great experience.

Hope all is well with you,

Amelia

We were together over Christmas and New Years on the Coral Princess a few years ago. I'll never forget your Yankee gift exchange, it went on for a long time because we had such a large CC group, and I might add that you ran it so well. We tried to do a similar thing this year on the Ruby over NYE but it was nothing like the one you ran.

I left Ken home, he could not get the time off from work and I could not get the notion of trying a solo cruise out of my head so he stayed home and I took the cruise. I missed him terribly, and I don't think I'll go alone again but it was a great experience.

Hope all is well with you,

Amelia

Ran the YGE again this past Christmas on the Grand and it was even better. We're doing it next Christmas, on the Grand. Join us again!

Archived