Victory Review Part 4 Jan. 9th ~ 16th

mc'smom

Sat. Jan 15th 2005 Our last day at Sea....

Not much more that the day before to be honest except for getting my daughters hair done in the Salon..

Read on !!

I had my daughters hair braided at the salon on Sat., we made the appointment and arrived 15 minutes early, we told the girl we wanted half of the head done, ( $ 45.00 ) she started the first braid, and then told us she did not have enough beads so she would use elastics only, I thought Ok, what do I know... Well the stylists did her hair 12 braids and when she was done she asked if we liked it, I said it was pretty, but what she really braided was her bangs back, her head was not done. She walked us over to the desk to pay and pointed out that there was spot to indicate the tip amount. LOL Ya right...

Well by the time we rode the elevator and made our way to show my husband who was sitting by sirens pool, one of the elastics broke.. My husband took her back up to the salon and another one broke, the girl handed my husband some elastics so he could fix it. LOL

By morning 5 braids were out, my husband returned to the salon looking for a refund and was told he could have $ 10.00 off, We complained at the pursers desk and was given an address to write to. By the time we went through customs, all but one elastic had broke... We were not impressed to say the least.

Otherwise Sat. was a relaxing day at sea. As was the day before as the seas were not near as rough as earlier in the week. That evening I packed our bags and left them in the hallway...

Awoke early the next morning many times as my husband wanted to watch as the Cap't brought the ship into Miami... Awoke mainly due to the fact that it appeared to be rough seas, and in my mind we could not have been far from Miami..We rocked back and forth and front to back.. It was aweful... I felt so sorry for my daughter in the upper berth.. She was arfraid to come down and crawl in bed with me...

Disembarking I found to be a little weird, on the Disney cruise it was just so easy... And stress free.. Carnival asks you to wait in certain areas to be called. We were stupid and waited on the Lido deck along with the other 2000 people... All of whom would want to use the elevators, when called.

Upper Aft ( pink tags ) were one of the first ot be called, and away we went.

Down the ramp and out into what reminded me of a rat infested warehouse looking for our luggage.. Which by the way was not in the Pink uper aft section of luggage. LOL We grabbed a baggage handler to carry our luggage.

Through Customs to hand over our declaration or whatever they called it. And out the door to an awaiting Alamo shuttle...

To the airport to our rental car, which by the way was the wrong car parked in the spot. My husbands pulls up with a Monte Carlo with Michigan plates and tons of Dog hair inside and we proceed to the gate. The security guard says this is not hte car that matched the paper work. We go back to parking spot 87 and decide to go to spot # 78 and there was the car we were supposre to take.. LOL This car awas a piece of crap...When we got to Orlando we went to the Alamo location at the airport and exchanged it for a Pt Cruiser. The other car had such a bad vibration in it, my husband says it was so hard to control....And besides my back ws killing me already from my uncomfortable cabin bed, I could not handle the vibration either.

Stay tuned for Part 5

my negative thoughts about this cruise...

Archived