Dover to Ashford

We're disembarking in Dover on July 23rd and have tickets on the Eurostar from Ashford to Paris. Will we be able to grab a taxi at the Dover dock to get us to Ashford (only 18 miles away, I think)? Or should we pre-arrange for a taxi to meet us at the ship?

Nancy

We're disembarking in Dover on July 23rd and have tickets on the Eurostar from Ashford to Paris. Will we be able to grab a taxi at the Dover dock to get us to Ashford (only 18 miles away, I think)? Or should we pre-arrange for a taxi to meet us at the ship?

Nancy

Either will work but it depends on what time your train is compared to when you get off the ship. We had our car and called at Ashford on the way to Dover, the transfer is approximately 20 minutes on a dual carriageway.

There are taxi's in the port area and lots of porters to take your cases to them but to be sure I would pre book one

Jan

Either will work but it depends on what time your train is compared to when you get off the ship. We had our car and called at Ashford on the way to Dover, the transfer is approximately 20 minutes on a dual carriageway.

There are taxi's in the port area and lots of porters to take your cases to them but to be sure I would pre book one

Jan

Thanks for the info. We can disembark at 8:00 am and we're booked on the 10:55 am train for Paris. I agree with you that the safest way to go is to pre-book a taxi.

Nancy

Nancy: My wife and I are making the Dover Cruise Terminal to Ashford Int. trip to catch the Eurostar to Paris on 28 June. We checked a number of websites and ending up selecting a local company. They can be reached at: info at dovertaxis dot com. We received a response from Karen Moon, Business Partner. The price is 32pounds payable to the driver. Journey will take approx. 30 - 40 minutes. We will be picked up at 8 AM at the cruise terminal reception by a driver holding a sign with our name/destination.

I decided to pre-book rather than chance having a problem getting a taxi from the queue. Will reconfirm before departure.

Have a great trip. Joe

Nancy: My wife and I are making the Dover Cruise Terminal to Ashford Int. trip to catch the Eurostar to Paris on 28 June. We checked a number of websites and ending up selecting a local company. They can be reached at: info at dovertaxis dot com. We received a response from Karen Moon, Business Partner. The price is 32pounds payable to the driver. Journey will take approx. 30 - 40 minutes. We will be picked up at 8 AM at the cruise terminal reception by a driver holding a sign with our name/destination.

I decided to pre-book rather than chance having a problem getting a taxi from the queue. Will reconfirm before departure.

Have a great trip. Joe

Excellent info - just what I was looking for! Thanks.

Archived