Where to find available cabins

BigBarb

If you go to the HAL web site, you can check and see what categories are available. If you want specific cabins that are available, what I do is sign in like I am going to book on-line, put in the cabin number you want to know if its available and it will say either available or not available.

I have been doing a lot of research for my first cruise and what I have been doing is going to a web site like Priceline or Expedia and putting in the info like I was booking a cruise. Then, you choose which category you are looking at and they will show you a map with available cabins. The nice thing is that you don't have to give out any personal info unless you want to and you can see exactly where the cabin is. The down side is that they don't always show you all available cabins, but they are fairly accurate. Hope this helps!

Just be aware, that sometimes on these sites it doesn't show ALL available cabins, only the ones that the particular travel site has set aside. If you go to the cruiseline site directly, it shows you all cabins available.

The online travel sites belong to a service and they all show the same cabin availability- up to a maximum of 11 available cabins in each category.

When one of the 11 gets booked it is either replaced by another available cabin in that category or there will be less than 11 avaialble cabins shown. So if a site shows only 10 or fewer available cabins in your desired category, then that is all the cabins that are available at that time, or they would be showing 11 able to be booked. If 11 available cabins are shown, therefore, there could be more as this service shows a max of 11.

This is a whole lot easier than going to HAL where they show you nothing and you have to plug in cabin # after cabin # separately to find out if each and every one is already booked. I do NOT understand why HAL makes it SO difficult to find out what cabins there are available to book. Go to Celebrity- you can pull up their categories and see exactly what is free to book w/out going through this day-long procedure at HAL of one cabin# after another.

VERY poor policy on HAL's part and the big reason people go to the other online TA sites for information.

Archived