Anyone ever book a post-cruise excursion thru Carnival for FLL?

steelcity5044

Hi,

We are having trouble booking a flight home from FLL to Pittsburgh on May 22nd off the Carnival Freedom. Either the prices are REAL high or the times don't work. I think i remember Carnival offering an excursion in FLL after you get off the ship.

Is an excursion worth it? What do they do with your luggage?

We did the everglades excursion a couple years ago.

We got on the bus at the port, with our luggage. They took us to the Everglades for the boat ride and an alligator show.

We got back to the airport about 1:00. Our luggage stayed on the bus until we got to the airport.

We really enjoyed it.

When we did it it was about $45. per person. You can book it as soon as you get on the ship.

We had to meet in the show room the morning of debarkation and then everyone with the tour got off the ship at the same time. They loaded us on to buses by what airlines we would be using.

I would do it again if I had a late flight.

We just took this CCL Everglades tour 3 weeks ago getting off the Carnival Freedom. It was $49 per person and worth the trip, ride, show and filling up the waiting time. Fact were just as Bill noted; go to theater about 8Am, find luggage and go through customs just as if you were going to the airport, bringing it to the tour buses and it will be put on the bus with you. Drive to the Everglades, ride in the airboat, then see a short gator show and back on the bus to FLL. There may be a tour that returns to MIA, but I can't confirm that. We were in the airport by 1PM and lines were a lot less getting through security and checking in the luggage than they would have been in the morning.

Since you have to pay for transportation to the airport anyway, it wasn't a bad deal.

Was probably on the airboat for maybe 1 hour. Then, we waited for awhile for the next alligator show to start. Took maybe another hour total. Then, he gave us time to get a snack and sit out in the sun for awhile. I think we were done early, and he couldn't get us to the airport until after a certain time. From Ft. Lauderdale it was probably a half hour drive to the everglades park. Maybe a little more. Our bus drive gave us a lot of information about things we passed, and was pretty interesting. The only thing I didn't like about him was that he must have mentioned 5 times that if we liked our tour be sure and leave a tip for him and the bus driver. I got the message after the first time. I had planned on leaving a tip anyway, and made me mad to have him keep telling me about it. Hopefully all the drivers are not like that.

Archived