Rental car in toulon???help!!

DONNAKG

Hi has anyone rented a car in Toulon ???

Plzz advise...

thanks Donnakg:confused:

I am also looking for a rental in Toulon. Online there appear to be a couple within apparent walking distance of the water. However, i am not sure where the ship docks. I plan to dig a little deeper and let you know what I find, if you are interested.

Dennis

I am also looking for a rental in Toulon. Online there appear to be a couple within apparent walking distance of the water. However, i am not sure where the ship docks. I plan to dig a little deeper and let you know what I find, if you are interested.

Dennis

thanks Dennis - absolutely,, 2 heads are better than one LOL!

donna:)

Sixt rental car has a spot in the dock area (at least according to their website). I have reserved a compact rental car there on June 4, 2010 for a total of $82. Hope this helps you. I found this on the internet, so I cannot attest to whether this is a good place or not until after June 4.

Dennis

Cruise ships generally dock at the end of the Promenade, about 5 blocks from the National Maritime Museum.

The Sixt web site makes it appear there is actually a rental facility at this Maritme Gare site. Not too sure about whether this is really a meet and greet site where they haul you off to another place. I will find out on June 4 and let you know what happens.

• 1 month later...

Dennis

Dennis,

I have been looking and it seems the ones I found near the port are closed on Sundays. Have you found anything else? If so, would you please let me know.

Thanks,

Noreen

Dennis,

I have been looking and it seems the ones I found near the port are closed on Sundays. Have you found anything else? If so, would you please let me know.

Thanks,

Noreen

I am renting from Sixt...but it's on a weekday. They are meeting me in the port.

We rented from Sixt and they did meet us at the port and then drove us to one of their sites to pick up our car. We did not dock in Toulon, but instead in La Seymer, which was very confusing. We lost a couple of hours of precious time due to this issue, as did another couple who rented from Sixt Maritime. They did allow us to drop the car off at the port (4:30 boarding, so a short day) and that was very convenient. We drove to Aix and enjoyed our adventure.

Archived