Baltimore Pride in Dec.

PMO

We have booked the Dec. 26th cruise out of Baltimore. We have cruised many times but never out of a cold port. Was the cold a problem? I understand you can have cold weather out of Florida also but Baltimore it will definitely be cold in December. We are trying not to fly and this would work beautifully. Also could you give me some insight into Carnival Pride and maybe My Time Dining. We would like to try that also. Thank you for any information you could give me.

Pat

I cruised out of Baltimore this past Jan and it was cold. It was the 1st time I had ever cruised in the cold along with 1st 2 sea days being extremely cold. Nonetheless I enjoyed it just like any other cruise and it gave me more time to nap, lounge around, and explore the ship more. :D I would do it again in a heartbeat!

We cruised our of Baltimore on the Pride last Dec. It was cold getting on the ship and somewhat the first seaday for us but by the second seaday it had warmed up to where we could enjoy the weather outside. It was our first cruise out of a cold port but worked out fine and we loved our cruise. I'm sure you will have an amazing cruise.

We have booked the Dec. 26th cruise out of Baltimore. We have cruised many times but never out of a cold port. Was the cold a problem? I understand you can have cold weather out of Florida also but Baltimore it will definitely be cold in December. We are trying not to fly and this would work beautifully. Also could you give me some insight into Carnival Pride and maybe My Time Dining. We would like to try that also. Thank you for any information you could give me.

Pat

Welcome! We're also booked on this cruise. It's our first time on Carnival too so I don't have any answers, just wanted to say hi! We have also booked the My Time Dining and are looking forward to trying it.

We booked this cruise too. its only a 3 hr drive from my house. I'm expecting a cold cruise so I plan to pack for it. This cruise works for us so the kids won't miss school, and its a New Years cruise. My wife and I also booked the Carnival Freedom for late January so we can warm back up.

My DW and I just returned from Carnival Pride yesterday. (Had a great time and recommend this cruise.) We selected Your Time Dining and liked it. We arrived at the main dining room between 8:00 p.m. and 8:40 p.m. and requested a table for two. We had to wait with a beeper twice, but it was not a long wait. Service was prompt (same team four times out of six). I thought the team was able to serve the food more efficiently and did not have to rush to serve everyone at once. The food was fresh and hot. (On our last cruise, food had often been sitting while the team served all of their tables at the same time.)

Baltimore might or might not have snow in December. Parking is in an open parking lot.The record snowstorms in February left some cruises facing 18-24 inches of snow when they returned. Be prepared for the possibility of adverse weather leaving or returning! However, Baltimore was the easiest embarkation we've experienced.

Pat

I cruised this past February and it was FREEZING. We cruised right after the "Snowmaggedon" and it was COLD the first 2 days. After that it was decent. We had a balcony, and it was really a waste because it was so cold, but overall the trip was great!!

Archived