Hotels on MARC Line?? Baltimore

mom4travel

Hi,

I know this has probably been discussed somewhere in these boards -- but I can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for . . .maybe someone can help or point me in the right direction!!!

We were looking for a hotel in Baltimore post-cruise. Preferably in the Inner Harbor area. We did not want to rent a car, just thought if we stayed close to or on the MARC line that we could use public transportation after getting to the hotel. Found the Marriott -- but it says in its description that it is a mile from the MARC . . . anyone have any knowledge or helpful information??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Do you want the MARC trains that go to DC or the lightrail that goes around town??

IIRC MARC only runs M-F

If you mean LIGHT RAIlL, then you can walk...yes it might be a little far from some hotels....BUT cab fares in town aren't much.

IIRC it was only about $14 to the HARBOR EAST area....

Almost ANY airport hotel will drop you at the BWI light rail station (or another one that is also close)

Down town would be the new Hilton, Marriott Camden Yards, Residence Inn, Sheraton, Hyatt, Renaissance and others.....

Over in the Harbor East area (walkable, or about a $5 cab ride to inner harbor) are the Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, Waterfront Marriott, Homewood suites and Hilton Garden Inn (i would choose the CY last though...nothing wrong with it, just very 'vanilla'....as a rule Courtyard by Marriott hotels aren't fancy, this one was just blah....)

http://mta.maryland.gov/services/marc/

http://mta.maryland.gov/services/lightrail/

http://www.harboreast.com/hotels/ (not on light rail, but pretty nicely located and there are several things around these hotels as well..)

Thanks megr1125! I appreciate the info . . . And, honestly, I had not thought about there being the difference in where to get on the light rail b/c we would want both the one to DC and the one for downtown . . .lots of think about and decide. I had not thought about the airport hotels . . . I may check into those as well. I had only "heard" that the Inner Harbor area was nice.

You mentioned the "IIRC" -- what exactly is that?

I would imagine the train to the airport runs weekends as well??

Thanks again for the info -- and I might be asking for more?!?!?

Mon-Fri you can take the Marc to the Camden Yards station and walk to the Inner Harbor. You'll be right at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. If you walk straight down Conway Street, you'll pass the Sheraton Inner Harbor. Keep walking straight and the Inner Harbor is right in front of you.

There aren't any hotels right at the Baltimore Marc train stations or within a mile of the cruise terminal.

The Light Rail runs from BWI to Hunt Valley.

Here's some hotel info. Any Inner Harbor hotel will provide a short taxi ride the Camden Yards Marc station.

http://www.baltimore.to/lodging/index.html

Does this help? Are you taking the Marc to BWI or DC after your Baltimore post-cruise stay? Not quite sure. ;)

btw...I'll answer for Meg. IIRC means...If I Recall/Remember Correctly. ;)

madeline..thanks!;)

you could also do Amtrak to DC......just an idea.

Inner Harbor is nice...it's great to stay there and be in the thick of things...We stayed at the Renaissance after we left the CY...

happy planning

Found the Marriott -- but it says in its description that it is a mile from the MARC . . . anyone have any knowledge or helpful information?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh, now I think I get it. :D

Use the link I provided above. My guess would be that the Sheraton Inner Harbor would be the closest to the Camden Yards station (which is the closest MARC station to the Inner Harbor). It used to be known as the Baltimore Orioles' hotel, not sure anymore. A taxi to the MARC would probably take 2-3 minutes. It's close enough that if you didn't have luggage, you would walk.

The new Hilton is close also. You can see Camden Yards from the hotel, but it's maybe 3-4 blocks further from the Inner Harbor than the Sheraton. It is, however, a new hotel. Hope this helps some more. ;)

Oh, now I think I get it. :D

Use the link I provided above. My guess would be that the Sheraton Inner Harbor would be the closest to the Camden Yards station (which is the closest MARC station to the Inner Harbor). It used to be known as the Baltimore Orioles' hotel, not sure anymore. A taxi to the MARC would probably take 2-3 minutes. It's close enough that if you didn't have luggage, you would walk.

The new Hilton is close also. You can see Camden Yards from the hotel, but it's maybe 3-4 blocks further from the Inner Harbor than the Sheraton. It is, however, a new hotel. Hope this helps some more. ;)

There's the Baltimore Marriott Camden yards too...as well as the one in Harbor East.....

Wow!! Thanks for so much information -- both of you!! Now, it is time to do the investigating . . .sad, but, this is the fun part!!

We've always flown in/out of the port city and never stayed after. So, the only planning was for the actual cruise. It all sounded so easy until I actually started trying to figure out all the logistics of going here/there. And, I have to admit the light rail line is rather intimidating. We use to live in Portland, OR and used the rail ALL the time and it never bothered me -- but, I knew it. Now, we live in a relatively small town in Alabama -- public transportation is unheard of!!! :) I guess the last several years has made me timid of big cities!

Thanks again for all your suggestions -- I've printed them all off and have a great starting point to make all our decisions!!

Have a nice day!

Wow!! Thanks for so much information -- both of you!! Now, it is time to do the investigating . . .sad, but, this is the fun part!!

:) I guess the last several years has made me timid of big cities!

Thanks again for all your suggestions -- I've printed them all off and have a great starting point to make all our decisions!! Have a nice day!

mom..You're welcome. Baltimore's not all that big, but have a great time anyway! :D;)

Archived