Bus Transportation to Brooklyn

Smellytoes

There is a bus that goes to Brooklyn from the Boston area. I dont' have the details but my TA did pass the info to me. It makes stops in Providence and in somewhere in CT.

Ask your TA or ask Princess - it was hard to find the info on line. If I can dig it up I will post it.

There is a bus that goes to Brooklyn from the Boston area. I dont' have the details but my TA did pass the info to me. It makes stops in Providence and in somewhere in CT.

Ask your TA or ask Princess - it was hard to find the info on line. If I can dig it up I will post it.

If its the Entertainment Tours bus it isn't going to Brooklyn this year, only Manhattan:mad:

Hi!

My husband and I have taken the Princess bus from Boston to the cruise terminal in Brooklyn for the past two years and have booked it again for our cruise in June. This is booked through your travel agent or through Princess directly. It leaves at 8:00 am from South Station and makes about 3 stops. The cost is $79 per person round trip, and we find it very convenient. It takes about 5 and 1/2 hours each way as there are a couple of rest stops along the way, but we find it inexpensive and hassle free as we don't have to handle our luggage once we put it on the bus in Boston. I would highly recommend it.

Reggie

We have also used the Princess Motorcoach service and would highly recommend it. It was $79pp R/T.

Last time the bus orginiated in Boston and stopped in Worcester. From there we only made one other stop and that was at a rest area in CT. We were at the pier sometime between noon and 1PM.

We will doing it again this June. :)

I'll call my TA again today. That's who told me Entertainment Tours was the bus company and they weren't going to Brooklyn this year.

Thanks for the info. You people may have just saved my summer (and my marriage.lol)

In my case, DH said last year's cruise would last him for a while, suggested I get someone

else to go with me. I called DD, she said yes, so I'm going to tell DH he's paying for

both of us. A couple of times of that, and he'll either A)decide to go anyway, or B)

tell me to go with someone who will pay their own way.

We have done the Princess bus once and Amtrak twice for a cruise out of Brooklyn. The train may be a little more expensive (with a cab from Penn Station to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal), but it a lot more comfortable. I would recommend the train from South Station instead of the bus.

We have done the Princess bus once and Amtrak twice for a cruise out of Brooklyn. The train may be a little more expensive (with a cab from Penn Station to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal), but it a lot more comfortable. I would recommend the train from South Station instead of the bus.

Can you tell me how you got from the pier to Penn Station? If by cab how much? we are taking a reposition cruise and will end in NY Brooklyn and are planning on taking a bus back to Boston. Any help will be helpful...Thanks

In my case, DH said last year's cruise would last him for a while, suggested I get someone

else to go with me. I called DD, she said yes, so I'm going to tell DH he's paying for

both of us. A couple of times of that, and he'll either A)decide to go anyway, or B)

tell me to go with someone who will pay their own way.

I've done that. Took my then 12 yo DD on NCL Gem. He didn't care. But I did have a great time alone her.

I looked into that but I'll have my 87 yo MIL with me. It might be a bit easier just to take the bus.

Can you tell me how you got from the pier to Penn Station? If by cab how much? we are taking a reposition cruise and will end in NY Brooklyn and are planning on taking a bus back to Boston. Any help will be helpful...Thanks

The bus from Penn Station?

In any case there are yellow NY taxis at the pier. You can take one to Penn Station(or port authority bus terminal in Manhattan for the bus). It should run about $30-35 per cab to Penn station or Port Authority(through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel and up the west side).

The pier has contracted car services which charge about $60 for the same run.

A local car service(arecibo-7187836465)-which you call as you are getting off and will be there in 10-15 minutes charges about $30 for the same run.

The bus from Penn Station?

In any case there are yellow NY taxis at the pier. You can take one to Penn Station(or port authority bus terminal in Manhattan for the bus). It should run about $30-35 per cab to Penn station or Port Authority(through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel and up the west side).

The pier has contracted car services which charge about $60 for the same run.

A local car service(arecibo-7187836465)-which you call as you are getting off and will be there in 10-15 minutes charges about $30 for the same run.

No, I was looking at the bus from South Station in Boston to the pier in Brooklyn.

We have also used the Princess Motorcoach service and would highly recommend it. It was $79pp R/T.

Last time the bus orginiated in Boston and stopped in Worcester. From there we only made one other stop and that was at a rest area in CT. We were at the pier sometime between noon and 1PM.

We will doing it again this June. :)

Do you happen to remember how long you waited for the return bus after you got off the ship??

Hi!

The return bus from the ship to Boston doesn't leave until about 10:00am or a little later. I think that all the Princess passengers taking Princess buses have a luggage tag color that gets them off the ship relatively late. The bus will be waiting when you get your luggage and leave the terminal. It is a very smooth process. The only downside is that the bus leaves somewhat late and doesn't return to South Station until about 4:15. We are planning to take the Princess bus for the third time this June, so you can tell that we think it's an easy way to get to the ship.

Reggie

Hi!

The return bus from the ship to Boston doesn't leave until about 10:00am or a little later. I think that all the Princess passengers taking Princess buses have a luggage tag color that gets them off the ship relatively late. The bus will be waiting when you get your luggage and leave the terminal. It is a very smooth process. The only downside is that the bus leaves somewhat late and doesn't return to South Station until about 4:15. We are planning to take the Princess bus for the third time this June, so you can tell that we think it's an easy way to get to the ship.

Reggie

Thanks, that's good to know. The last time we took the bus from the pier in Manhattan back to Boston we had to wait several hours after we got off the ship until we boarded the bus. I'll have my 87 yo MIL with me so that would be difficult. If the bus will be there when we disembark the ship then the bus will be the best option.

Archived