Has anyone used LuggageForward service?

greenumbrella

We are sailing TA 20 days on the Westerdam then flying Venice to Dublin on Aer Lingus for a week tour in Ireland before flying home to US. Just found out that Venice to Dublin is NOT an "international" flight and restricts each person to a 44 lb suitcase. We're thinking of using the LuggageForward service to get bag #3 back to the US. Does anyone have experience with this service - good or bad?

Shirley

for our Mediterranean cruise last August. We had 2 large suitcases shipped from San Diego, CA to Venice. Everything worked out fine and their customr service was very good. There was a slight delay with getting the luggage to Venice, but it was there in time for boarding the ship and we were informed every step of the way. We had a 3 day stay in Rome an Venice prior to the cruise and it was great not to have to lug the extra luggage around.

We have used similar services on other cruise lines several times before. It's been great to travel with one less bag and comforting to know that if your bags don't make it, you have a decent selection of backup clothes. The bags have always been waiting in our staterooms when we arrived.

We're on our first HA cruise this summer to the Med. and definitely plan to use this service. I hate having to waste time in a foreign port shopping for appropriate clothing. Bye the way, this service is also more reasonably priced than those we've used previously.

Wow. I just researched the cost-$587 for one 50 lb bag round trip. I could almost fly it there myself. I do not find that reasonable. I will just pack lighter.

It is usually much cheaper to simply pay the airline to take an extra bag.

Hank

I only need the bag to go one way since this is a transAtlantic cruise. LuggageForward charges $287 for a standard 50 lb bag to go from Italy to the US. Aer Lingus charges the entire 50 lb as excess baggage - 23 Kilos X 12 Euro per Kilo is 276 Euro or $372! Yes, it would be cheaper to buy a seat for the suitcase if the airline would let me do it. In addition, once I'm in Ireland, the bus tour company only allows one bag each and I haven't confirmed how to store the extra bag for the week before I fly back to the US. Therefore, the LuggageForward makes sense for me.

I know others just handle this by going with one bag for the entire month but I want to be able to enjoy formal nights and Main Dining Room etiquette by having the clothes with me that I enjoy wearing. I also want to enjoy the pool and fitness center.

Thanks to all of you for your prompt responses. I will now use the LuggageForward option.

Archived