Anybody else on the May 12th Whisper?

cruisinsince75

Wow, I thought they were going to keep that whole med. summer. I bet my friend's cruise gets axed, too. Did they offer you a special deal on another ship?

Well, you know we're on this cruise. We're going to Venice and Rome first. Then afterwards, we're taking the train to Milan. Now I hear Milan isn't that fantastic, but I've never been so i guess I can judge for myself.

melbcruiser, well it is a done deal. We got word from our TA tonight that the Diamond is toast after June 4th it is no longer part of RSSC. So we are set on the Whisper. RSSC is giving us a $700 per person cruise credit to use on any cruise before the end of 2005, which I thought was very generous. We are looking at some alternatives right now. However, I am sure glad that we held some seats with airmiles for this one now.

Don

• 4 weeks later...

We now have two other friends that will be joining us. We are booking a private driver to take us from our hotel to the ship on the 12th and want to know if anybody else wants to share. We can accomodate two other couples and the cost is 135 Euros total for all of us.

We are also thinking of doing some private excursions as well and wondering if anybody wants to join us as well.

Just let me know.

We might be interested. Who are you using ? And will they be able to accomodate all the luggage? Is it a van? When are you getting to Rome and what hotel have you chosen? I'm trying to pick between Fortyseven, Gladiatori, and Capo d'Africa. Anybody stayed in any of these and have suggestions?? Also, what time are you planning to leave Rome?

We might be interested. Who are you using ? And will they be able to accomodate all the luggage? Is it a van? When are you getting to Rome and what hotel have you chosen? I'm trying to pick between Fortyseven, Gladiatori, and Capo d'Africa. Anybody stayed in any of these and have suggestions?? Also, what time are you planning to leave Rome?[/quote

We are staying at the Intercontinental De La Ville-Roma in a great location right at the top of the Spanish Steps. We got it on Priceline for $205 per night and we are doing a 3 night pre-cruise. The best we could find on their website was $410. It is apparently the only 5 star listed on Priceline.

We are using Bob with Rome-Shuttle. Assuming that we can board the ship about 3pm, we were planning to leave about 2pm. Also, we are using them for our transfers from the airport to the hotel. When are you guys coming into Rome? Let us know.

We think we better get this booked pretty soon, because there are three other ships embarking that day. The RSSC Voyager, Royal Princess, and HAL Westerdam.

Archived