Tony's Rent a Car, Santorini

Podie

Has anyone used this company and are they OK? They want a 40% deposit and I sure hate to send my credit card info on a fax or e-mail. Also, they keep insisting I take an automatic when I want a manual. Just wondering what experiences others have had with this company. Thanks!

Really surprised to hear that. We rented a car from Tony's last June, but I needed an automatic so booked ahead of time. That turned out to be necessary for two people came looking for one while I was there, and they were fully booked.

Re: deposit. They definitely are reputable; guess too many people have been no shows.

I certainly would not pay more for an automatic if I did not need one. I believe we paid either 40 or 45 Euros for the day.

Well, it's August, so everything seems to cost a little more. It's 65 euro per day for the car. But I'll go ahead and reserve now that I feel better about their reputation! Thanks!

I'll be there in June and rented a car through santorini car hire and they only needed 20% deposit plus it was easy, I liked the website, very simple and the price was good. They meet at the port drop off with the car and you return it there too.

Thanks for everyone's reply, I have gone ahead and booked with Tony. I'm sure it'll be fine.

We booked with Tony awhile back for September, he didn't ask for any deposit. But, I have kept in touch every few months to be sure we are still 'on the books'.

I am finding with most of my reservations, that August is such a busy month, most want a deposit before making a reservation. I think they make a large percentage of their income on August and don't want to miss out on any of it. Which I completely understand!

We rented from Tony's last summer. The car was ready for us and everything was fine. The only problem we had was returning the car. They are on a small one-way street and for some reason we had trouble finding how to get to it going the right direction. We drove around the loop several times and I think we finally ended up just kind of backing up the street to get to them. They probably thought we were idiots! lol..........

Archived