How is Cococay for snorkeling?

when we went it was ecellent. saw lots of huge rays, there is a sunken plane aways out... just ask and they will tell you where it is. Saw a couple of nurse shark and grooper.... no coral.

Not sure how to phrase this but let me try... If you do not pay for snorkel excursion(bringing own equip) will we be able to see as nice of things on our own? Does the excursion take you out to deeper waters via boat? If not will we be able to see ship and play find the buried treasures game for free stuff?

Not sure how to phrase this but let me try... If you do not pay for snorkel excursion(bringing own equip) will we be able to see as nice of things on our own? Does the excursion take you out to deeper waters via boat? If not will we be able to see ship and play find the buried treasures game for free stuff?

I had my own gear and don't know anything about the find the buried treasure game. I don't think the excursion takes you anywhere. I believe the cost of the excursion is basically the equipment rental.

Absolutely. I think you "have" to buy a vest even if you bring your other gear, but you can check on that. Anyway, when you get off the tender, go all the way to the left. That is the "snorkel" beach. If you start there, then head back out towards the cruise ship, that's how you'll find the best snorkeling. It will make more sense when you're actually there.

Have fun!

Is it possible to just rent the fins? or do you even need them here?

Karen

I've been told it is, but I had mine with me. It was cold so I rented a wetsuit for $10. You will want fins, the snorkeling goes out a ways.

Archived