YVR Question

dogdoc2002

Hello-

I tried searching the boards, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. We will be arriving in Vancouver on a Saturday on the Diamond Princess, and are spending 1 extra night in Vancouver. Our flight leaves at noon on a Sunday (July 4th to be exact). I know we have to clear US Customs/Immigration once we check in; my question is how early do you think we should plan on being at the airport? I know that no one can give us an exact answer, just want a ballpark. I know when we flew into YVR 3 years ago, we spent well over an hour waiting to clear Canadian Customs/Immigration, and just minutes to clear US Customs/Immigration the following day at the pier.

Thanks for any and all help :)

I would give yourself a minimum of 2 hours before your flight. We were at the airport with plenty of time, but the xray machine showed something like a screwdriver in my bag, so it & all my bags were searched completely, along with my in-law's travelling with me. Of course nothing was found, but it was a time-consuming process.

The procedure has changed a bit at YVR, you now check your luggage then go thru security and lastly you clear US customs...however you will want to be at YVR a full two hours pre flight time. On that morning there will be two cruise ships arriving so I would want to be there on the early side of 2 hrs.

We have a 6:30 am Alaska Airlines flight to Seattle so I guess it will be a very early morning for us:(

As do we, however, I've read US Customs doesn't open until 5 AM so there's no sense being at the airport much time before then.

Archived