What is the Coffee like on Disney Magic

Luvstocruise2

Hi All,

This may sound like a silly question, but one of the threads I saw over and over on the DIS boards about WDW (the parks and onsite hotels) whas the coffee not very good. People even bringing their own coffee to brew in the room.

Is the coffee any better on Disney ships (i.e the Magic) or is it like the stuff at the Port Orleans Riverside and elsewhere at WDW?? Some coffee drinkers I am travelling with want to know (wife and friend) !!

Luvstocruise2

It's...........drinkable. :rolleyes:

You don't have the option of brewing your own in the stateroom; unlike the land resorts, there are no coffeemakers provided and they frown on the use of any heating appliances (other than hair dryers/curlers) for safety reasons.

The coffee served in the restaurants seems to be of marginally higher quality than that at the coffee/soda station on the ninth deck.

And there is a coffee shop (the Cove Cafe) on the ninth deck near the adult pool where you can get specialty coffees.

We cruised on the Magic last December and I got my coffee every morning from the Cove on the 9th Deck. You do have to pay for it at this location, but they will also give you a stamp card and the 5th drink is free. I was really worried about not having good coffee on the cruise as I can't start my day without Starbucks. The coffee was very good at the Cove - with everything you would see on a Starbucks menu plus some pastries and cakes to choose from.

Thanks everyone,

I know it sounds like nitpicking, but at WDW people actually mentioned this as a bit of pet peeve. I guess I was a bit surprised as with companies like Starbucks being so popular, I would have thought Disney would try to match things like quality of coffee to the dining experience. But at least there is the upscale option. One reason for asking as my wife likes strong coffee, she found the stuff at WDW like dishwater or something. Nothing like a strong coffee with loads of caffeine and strength to put "hair on your chest" (Not that my wife wants that to happen to her!! :eek:

Luvstocruise2

Funny, but we actually liked the coffee at the deck nine drink station much better than the coffee served in the restaurants (which was weak and often not hot enough); taste is a very personal thing, but I think you'll find the overall dining experience on Disney to be very, very good.;)

I second the suggestion of Cove Cafe for coffee! They have a great travel mug you can buy. One of my favorite souvenirs! I even hit the Cove the AM of disembarking... Enjoy!11-07-09_0703-_WEB.jpg

I just got off the Wonder. I thought the coffee was great! And I am a bit of a coffee snob... but starbucks is not my favorite, I prefer Dunkin Donuts. I also like my own. Strong, but not killer!

Sometimes the coffee dispenser would run lite or clear, then you had to throw it out and go to the other.

I never went to the cove. We had a great time on the wonder!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't mind the coffee onboard, and I LOVED the iced Frozen Caramel latte by the pool on those hot days, I still think about them today!

But, one idea would be to bring those new dried coffee packs by Starbucks, and order hot water to your stateroom - or on deck nine drink station, I believe they have hot water for tea. Might be a good back up plan just in case.:)

• 2 weeks later...
It's...........drinkable. :rolleyes:

You are way too generous.

But, one idea would be to bring those new dried coffee packs by Starbucks, and order hot water to your stateroom - or on deck nine drink station, I believe they have hot water for tea. Might be a good back up plan just in case.:)

The VIA is actually quite good, I brought several with us on the boat. I ended up going to the Cove Cafe, though for Lattes, simply because it was more enjoyable to go to the cafe than to order room service. If it was a longer cruise (ours was 7 days) I would probably do the VIA w/ room service.

Anyone know if it is Nescafe, like they serve in the parks?

I was on the first Med cruise on the Magic and asked then. They said they used Nescafe (not instant) catering coffee.

Archived