The run around

schnauzersrule

:mad:We just received our cruise e tickets and I noted that my captain's cruise status was diffeernt from my husband's. Stupid me... I called to clarify and was informed I would be downgraded because they made a mistake. My husband's status was correct and someone made an error with my status. I also spoke to 2 different customer service reps and they each had different a different number of credits / tiers based on my past sailings. Seems to me in the name of good customer service they would have honored the next higher status rather than downgrading me. How much would it have cost to provide great customer service and to have a happy sailor who would have most likely booked a future cruise vs. a sailor who now thinks this is a company that makes mistakes and says "oh well"? These little things should be easy to solve and they are not based on my personal experience. Needless to say I am disappointed with this experience. I run and business and when we make amistake we to everyting to make the customer happy.

:mad:We just received our cruise e tickets and I noted that my captain's cruise status was diffeernt from my husband's. Stupid me... I called to clarify and was informed I would be downgraded because they made a mistake. My husband's status was correct and someone made an error with my status. I also spoke to 2 different customer service reps and they each had different a different number of credits / tiers based on my past sailings. Seems to me in the name of good customer service they would have honored the next higher status rather than downgrading me. How much would it have cost to provide great customer service and to have a happy sailor who would have most likely booked a future cruise vs. a sailor who now thinks this is a company that makes mistakes and says "oh well"? These little things should be easy to solve and they are not based on my personal experience. Needless to say I am disappointed with this experience. I run and business and when we make amistake we to everyting to make the customer happy.

How many cruises have you actually had on either Azamara or Celebrity? What exactly is the issue?

From what I can see in your post, Azamara had you listed with more cruises than you actually had. They said they had made a mistake and they corrected it by taking away some of the cruise credits they had given you by mistake to get you back to the same level where your husband is? Is that pretty much it?

If that is the case, I am not sure why you think you are entitled to cruise credits you have not earned. You say you own your own business and when you make a mistake you do everything to make a customer happy. Does that include giving away your product for free. I don't know what your business is but lets say you sell product A. A customer comes in and buys two bags of what you sell and asks you to ring up each bag separately. You mistakenly charge them too little for one bag of your product and when they get home they discover this. They come back to your store and ask about it. When they find they were under charged for one bag (as opposed to overcharged for the other) they ask that you undercharge them for the other bag so that everything is even. Does that pretty much cover it? I doubt you would do that to make the customer happy. You would probably explain to them that they still owe you money.

Why are you entitled to more cruise credits than you earned? They made a mistake (admittedly in your favor) but you want them to acknowledge the mistake and than make another one. Sorry. You want cruise credits, you need to earn them.

All of that said, don't sweat it. You just don't get that much for being Select or Elite on Azamara (at least not at this point).

You need to explain the issue more clearly. It seems that you are complaining because AZ has corrected their error, and you want privileges that you are not entitled to.:confused:

Archived