Eastern Caribbean in September !!!

Yuri n Jose

September weather bad or good for Cruising?!?!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. September weather bad or good for Cruising?!?!!

• Excellent
    • Great
    • So, So .. may experience some bad weather
    • Don't Bother!!!

Hello!!!

I am planning a much needed cruise for the month of September. The only concern that I have is that the weather may not be the best during this month. I live in Miami, FL and should we decide to take this vacation we would depart on Sept. 11th. Have any of you cruised during this month and if so, was the weather summery with hot/warm waters?

I know of the possibilities of hurricanes during the summer (trust me) but I am not too concern with that as much :p

Please share your experiences...

Thank you :D

If you don't mind possibly getting rerouted due to hurricane/trop storm (happened to use 4 of 6 times), very hot humid weather and possibly missing a port or two if they have damage it's fine i.e. the ship will be a blast and keep you safe but you have to be prepared to "roll with the punches".. one Sept we woke up to hear "Welcome to day 9 of your 7 day cruise..." Bad for people in Florida and those waiting for their cruise to start but a sweet extra 2 days for us... just a lot of inconvenience returning to Miami instead of PC etc.

• 4 weeks later...
Are you pulling my leg:D
I'm not pulling your leg.

I've lived in these Lesser Antilles islands since 1951.

Seas are often dead calm until a hurricane comes, if it comes at all. :cool:

Here's the NOAA statistical chart

peakofseason.gif

Go for it. Seriously.

I know people who make a point of taking advantage of the cheaper bookings, that time of year!

Sept/Oct is usually the calmest waters of the year,

when local divers take advantage of conditions to dive the (normally-rough) Eastern/Atlantic sides of these islands.

Does that tell you about sea conditions?

Everyone thinks Hurricane Season is rough water time of year.

- Not so.

You want choppy seas? try Feb.March when the Trade Winds are kicking up swells like crazy.

Sounds weird huh? :D

We are cruising from 25th Sept Eastern Caribbean how often do the cruises change later in the month?

Here...Boomark/Favorites this animated-graphic wave heights website

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/atlm.html?map=wave&animate=1#map

Start consulting it for a month before you leave for your Sept. cruise.

You should see lots of purple in the Eastern Caribbean region, starting around Aug. til Oct,maybe Nov.

We always cruise in September- its hurricane season so we get some of the lowest cruise prices out there,

The weather will be extremly hot and humid. Since it is hurricane season your ports could be redirected to completly different ports-- so dont have your heart set on any particular port.

In 9 years of cruising in September we have yet to be hit with rough seas.

We always cruise in September- its hurricane season so we get some of the lowest cruise prices out there,

The weather will be extremly hot and humid.

Since it is hurricane season your ports could be redirected to completely different ports--

so don't have your heart set on any particular port.

In 9 years of cruising in September we have yet to be hit with rough seas.

What did I tell y'all? ;) :D

I have to agree with Serene56...we too love to cruise in September. The weather for the most part for us so far has been great and the seas extremely calm. We're headed out again this Sept...Disney first for a couple days and then the western caribbean...can't wait! :)

• 2 months later...

I am glad to hear all of the positive comments...My fiance and I are getting married Sept 18 and we are cruising for our honeymoon... leaving Sept 20 from Miami... I was worried about crusing during this time of year... glad to know some people have good times.. and if we get divereted to other ports that's ok with me too... lol.. it is our honeymoon after all a surprise here and there will be ok... :D

Archived