which area of beach in Labadee??

lynnek

I would like to spend the day in Labadee just chilling out on the beach and wondered if anyone can give advise on where to go and how to get there. I am not too bothered about getting away from the crowds but would prefer to have a lounger than lie on sand. Any tips would be great,

When you get off the ship, just wander a bit....if there are no chairs where you want to be, there are guys that will bring you one...(a small tip is nice!)...what was "secluded" on our trip, may not be on yours...Labadee isn't so large that you can't wander and find a space to suit you!

There are 2 main beaches at Labadee -- Adrenaline Beach on the north side, and Columbus Cove on the south. Adrenaline is open, sunny, and has a lot of rocky places. Columbus is in a protected cove, calm water, and has palm tress all over the beach so there is shade if you want it. There are plenty of lounge chairs at both beaches. If you have a suite, there is a private beach area reserved for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a map of Labadee and there appears to be a few bars/restaurants. Do these belong to RCI and do you use your seapass or do I need ti take cash? Also how big is Labadee can you walk all round it or is there transport and does this cost much?

Labadee is owned and run by the cruise line, so everything there is either included (eg, the lunch), or can be purchased using the seapass.....EXCEPT the goods from the Haitian vendors -- you need cash for that.

The peninsula is easily walked from end to end unless you have mobility problems, and there are now paved paths leading to all the sections of the peninsula. There is also a free tram to take you from one end to the other if you can't (or don't want to) walk it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived