Need help planning excursion

Mommyof1

After reading several reviews, I tried reserving a day at Nochi Cocum for my cruise in June. I contacted Island Marketing, but they're sold it on that day.

I tried to reserve Chankanaab Park and Discover Mexico, but that's sold out too.

Now I need help on what else to choose. Paradise Beach seems too crowded and I'm not really interested in the "beach toys". It will be me and my 18 yr old neice. I'm am looking for a nice beach, maybe some snorkeling for her and some authentic mexican food. I only want to spend around $50.

Any suggestions?

Sorry...I meant to say I am looking to spend around $50 per person.

I checked the Carnival Website and it looks like almost any beach related excursion is not available for the date we're in Cozumel. I'm assuming this means it's all booked.

I'm hoping there's something else I can book NOT through Carnival, but now sure what else since everyone seems to recommend either Paradise Beach or Nachi Cocum.

Any ideas??

You can do Chankanaab on your own - no pre-booking. Take taxi, show up and pay entrance fee. You might also want to look into Playa Uva's (snorkeling there) or Mr. Sanchos (you can do AI or pay as you go). We went to Paradise Beach and it wasn't very crowded with 3 ships in port - but my 16 yr. old boys wanted to play on the toys (no entrance fee -$12 for band for water toys. They have minimal snorkeling). Snorkeling also at Playa Corona and Money Bar. Anywhere the snorkeling is better - there is usually a rocky beach not sandy. Any of the places mentioned are DIY - grab a taxi and go.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize I could do Chankanaab without a reservation. There were so many reviews on Island Marketing, I thought that was the only way to go. I think we'll stick with that since that was by original choice.

Thanks again!

Chank is the only place that we have been to twice. Simply grab a cab and go. The snorkeling is fair, the coral is just starting to come back, but you will see plenty of fish and the grounds are nice.

Another option would be Playa Palancar. $20 cab ride, good food and service and not as crowded as most places but to get any good snorkeling you need to take their boat trip.

Archived